29.99 Unlimited 4g data

xier

Reaction score
What is so hard to understand for people? People, you're unlimited data plan right now is $29.99. If you bought the Thunderbolt, your unlimited data plan would still only cost you $29.99, but essentially you'd have 4G data "added" to your plan, for free, if you will. Your phone will run 4G if you're in a 4G area, and will use 3G if you're not.

I spoke to a store manager yesterday and he said this deal will be here until "Sometime in July."

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
Your exactly wright and if you have it know or you get it before the (rumored and emphasive rumored tiered plan) you will be grandfathered in Verizon has always been this way

This makes getting the Thunderbolt, even if you settle for a 1 year contract, a good deal, because the store manage told me when it goes to tiered, you'll be paying $30 more a month for the service you could get now for free. Don't know if that number is correct, but it's what he told me.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

We do not know how much more the tiered plans will be -- they may not even have a UNLIMITED 4G Plan. I purchased the TB to use as a LTE Modem for my XOOM until the XOOM is updated to LTE.

Red Droid

Reaction score
I would guess the tiered pricing will coincide with the new markets being activated on the 4G network. That June/July activation will give Verizon 145 markets and a decent 4G footprint.

This is alot like the original 3G aircards. I bought my aircard and ran 56k+ for several months until the 3G was turned on in my market (2nd tier). I'm still grandfathered in with unlimited data and no way to convert it to an unlimited 4G plan. I didn't really keep up with it, but it wasn't too long after the 3G footprint increased that the 5gb cap was introduced.

djobitwan7

Reaction score
I spoke to a phone rep and as far as I know......if Verizon does start the tiered things, then it depends on your current plan. If you have unlimited now, it is grandfathered in. If you change that data plan at any point after it tiers....then they have full rights to charge you more or what not. So relax people. Get unlimited now and you don't have to worry.

Xak02

Reaction score
I spoke to a phone rep and as far as I know......if Verizon does start the tiered things, then it depends on your current plan. If you have unlimited now, it is grandfathered in. If you change that data plan at any point after it tiers....then they have full rights to charge you more or what not. So relax people. Get unlimited now and you don't have to worry.

Ok So I'm a bit confused by the "get unlimited now so you don't worry" statements I've been reading.

Currently I have a Droid, with an unlimited data package, as I'm sure many of the readers here do. Does that not mean then since I already have that unlimited data plan, I already do not need to worry? Or would that change when getting a new phone?

wooddale

Reaction score

Ok So I'm a bit confused by the "get unlimited now so you don't worry" statements I've been reading.

Currently I have a Droid, with an unlimited data package, as I'm sure many of the readers here do. Does that not mean then since I already have that unlimited data plan, I already do not need to worry? Or would that change when getting a new phone?

Your weight its a no brained don't worry be happy

N4UPD

Reaction score
Ok so I have 2 droids and 2 dumb phones and am on the promo talk text plus unlimited data. I won't be eligible for upgrade till Jan 2012. So I go and get 2 TBs or Dbs and the tiered is in effect. Will I still be grandfathered in being I have to now go to a 4g plan ?

wooddale

Reaction score
Ok so I have 2 droids and 2 dumb phones and am on the promo talk text plus unlimited data. I won't be eligible for upgrade till Jan 2012. So I go and get 2 TBs or Dbs and the tiered is in effect. Will I still be grandfathered in being I have to now go to a 4g plan ?

If you have a 3g plan now and you buy a 4g phone yes you will be grandfathered in I have 3phones now 2 ex & d2 when I get my new droid bionic I will be grandfathered in One line 4phones long as there all.smart phones and you don't change your plan

Xak02

Reaction score

If you have a 3g plan now and you buy a 4g phone yes you will be grandfathered in I have 3phones now 2 ex & d2 when I get my new droid bionic I will be grandfathered in One line 4phones long as there all.smart phones and you don't change your plan

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up!
dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid
:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

djobitwan7

Reaction score
Correct. Same price for unlimited plans, for the phones that have them. So, if you have 3 phones, but only 1 has unlimited...if you change that data plan for any of them (downgrade or upgrade other phones), then you could be charged for the tiered services.

One thing that I can think of is they could charge 4G separately. Regardless of your existing plan. It's good to know that they are not changing the price point after the Thunderbolt.

wooddale

Reaction score
Correct. Same price for unlimited plans, for the phones that have them. So, if you have 3 phones, but only 1 has unlimited...if you change that data plan for any of them (downgrade or upgrade other phones), then you could be charged for the tiered services.

One thing that I can think of is they could charge 4G separately. Regardless of your existing plan. It's good to know that they are not changing the price point after the Thunderbolt.
Like a lot of guys said there is not enough 4g out there yet to go and raise prices if Verizon comes up with something nobody elese has you can bet there gonna charge you more for it so thats where competion comes in they wont charge you more for something someone else can give you its all about money and there asint a whole lot you can do about it except go somewhere else if you dont like it

xier

Reaction score
Still seems to be some confusion -

1 - If you have a 3G phone Today and have the 29.99 unlimited plan and WAIT until lets say Summer for a Bionic or another 4G phone and Verizon has implemented Tiered 4G Pricing then you will not be grandfathered because you were not on a 4G Plan.

2 - If you buy a 4G Phone Today and go with the 29.99 unlimited you are no in fact on the 4G Unlimited Plan and you may be grandfathered in.

For folks who are waiting for the next big 4G Phone - as long as VERIZON does not implement Tired before you buy/activate on 4G Unlimited Plan you will be in the same boat as the rest of us who are using a TB under the 4G Unlimited Plan.

It is not POSSIBLE to activate any 4G Phone/Device on a 3G Service Plan of any type, flavor etc... As an enterprise customer we have gone down this road with MIFI's, Tablets and LTE handsets. While you may think you are still on a 3G Unlimited you are actually provisioned under a 4G Plan tied to your new SIM Card.

Xak02

Reaction score

1 - If you have a 3G phone Today and have the 29.99 unlimited plan and WAIT until lets say Summer for a Bionic or another 4G phone and Verizon has implemented Tiered 4G Pricing then you will not be grandfathered because you were not on a 4G Plan.

2 - If you buy a 4G Phone Today and go with the 29.99 unlimited you are no in fact on the 4G Unlimited Plan and you may be grandfathered in.

For folks who are waiting for the next big 4G Phone - as long as VERIZON does not implement Tired before you buy/activate on 4G Unlimited Plan you will be in the same boat as the rest of us who are using a TB under the 4G Unlimited Plan.

It is not POSSIBLE to activate any 4G Phone/Device on a 3G Service Plan of any type, flavor etc... As an enterprise customer we have gone down this road with MIFI's, Tablets and LTE handsets. While you may think you are still on a 3G Unlimited you are actually provisioned under a 4G Plan tied to your new SIM Card.

So even though they don't offer 4G in my area of the midwest, I would still have to subscribe to a 4G data plan?

wooddale

Reaction score

It depends on who you talk too its possible but most people say if you have the 3g plan you will be but if you dont then you will be charged I can see it going either way again it depends on competion if another carrier offers it for the same or cheaper that could be a breaker its like when is the phone comming out only tyhge shadow knows

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
I didn't think it would matter because I thought the 4G phones were also capable of running on 3G as well. We don't have 4G in my area yet, but are due to soon (Dayton, OH), but I want the Bionic so bad I can taste it, but I'm not due for a upgrade til the end of June.

Although, if they noted my account correct, I may be able to get it the day it is released......

xier

Reaction score
Correct. They may not even tell you but when they provision your lte sim equipped phone you will now be on a lte compatible plan.

So even though they don't offer 4G in my area of the midwest, I would still have to subscribe to a 4G data plan?