2600 extended battery news

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by eeeeevo, Jul 31, 2011.

1. eeeeevo

eeeeevo Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Got my extended battery + matching door for the charge yesterday at the verizon store in sf and today i finally tested this baby out. At 9:30 am i took it off the charger with a full charge and went to my job. After 11 hours my battery life was at 21% left. On 4g lte all day and surfing the web at moderate to medium use. Tomorrow i will shoot up another update.

2. scottysize

scottysize Active Member

Ratings:
    +102
    Guess I need to use mine Tuesday and see what I get out of it. I get 3 hours out of my original battery.

3. andreiantal

andreiantal New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    They should give these batteries for free and apologize for selling the charge at 299.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

4. sonnl

sonnl New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Idk if its because I'm coming from a thunderbolt or just my charge is really good but I'm loving the battery, I'd say I can easily get 9 hours or more and I'm on my phone constantly

5. vabeach1

vabeach1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Had to get by a day without a spare battery. It really does gobble up te battery if you use any features. Still think it is a great phone.

6. eeeeevo

eeeeevo Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Heres my 2nd and final report or test results of this battery
    from 11:45 am until 8:42 pm with about 2 hrs surfing- the battery life is 38% left. and it was on 4g lte at all times. So between the standard and xtended battery, the standard battery after 5 hrs with about 1 1/2 hrs of surfing the phone is dead or beeping when on 4g lte.

7. EmanP223

EmanP223 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Normal battery, right now it's reading an Up Time of 51:02:23 with 6% left, light use in the last two days. I've got everything turned off until I need it, even the background data, then I turn it on. Sometimes I use it lots, and sometimes I don't so I don't have any issue turning things on and off. I do drain my battery pretty low sometimes as you can see above.

I've heard it said that you shouldn't ever let your phone run out of juice and die. I'm new to this smart phone game, this is my first one, but why is that? Is it the same thing as your computer where you shouldn't push the main power button to turn it off instead of shutting it down proper through the computer itself?

8. ajb3985

ajb3985 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Its a myth...from everything i have seen it says to let it die completely once a month to let your battery stats reset. They also say its not good to use your phone while its plugged in. Take it for what its worth but i do what i want with my phone and it doesnt give me any issues. New battery is just 15 bucks and i bought a couple extras as well as a battery only charger. Worth every penny and my phone no longer sits in a charger, just my spare battery

9. Shurple

Shurple Member

Ratings:
    +0
    $299? who in their right mind would pay that much? The phone has ALWAYS been cheaper elsewhere...... and now it's $129 but it really should be pulled altogether and tossed as a failure.

I could go a full 24 hours without charging my iPhone. The battery life on these droids is a joke. This is BETTER than the Thunderbolt? Did the Thunderbolt die 5 minutes after being turned on? I think 4G is retarded. Supposed to be so great, but the phones that have the ability SUCK

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  10. eeeeevo

eeeeevo Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I paid 299 for mine. and i dont mind paying that! anyone agree!!!!

11. andreiantal

andreiantal New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I paid the same price one day before switching plans. And i had to drive quite a bit to get it. I usually buy all my phones on ebay. If i had to buy a new phone i would buy it from verizon. Last time i did they give me a brand new phone after the phone broke. and i was not under warranty.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

12. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I paid that much, and I'm more than content with having done so. Honestly, I think a lot of these "problems" people are having are not the fault of the phone itself. Some are due to VZW's network, and a lot are due to ID-Ten-T errors (user error).

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  13. Shurple

Shurple Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The issues i had were not vzw that I know for sure. And definitely not user error as I don't root or mess with the phone.

I had vzw for many years and they have the best network!

I think there are better phones for cheaper out there. Why was this one SO expensive? Glad I paid $129..... $299 is like vzw asking me to bend over.

But if there are people happy with it and the price tag then I am jealous you got a working phone. Three's a charm for me lol

Sent from my Samsung Charge using DroidForums.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  14. jag1966

jag1966 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Where did you get you external battery charger and back up batteries?

15. joemontana

joemontana Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Just my opinion. Sometimes people tend to forget that having a charge is having a 1G computer in the palm of their hand. Of *course* it's going to be hard on batteries. It's a computer for petes sake. I think it's more like a computer with a phone hooked onto it.

Joe
    Kalispell, MT