$250-299 for the Xoom???

ckeegan

Reaction score
Motorola Xoom to Beat iPad 2 Prices at Verizon Stores

“It’s nice to see Motorola make accessories for the Xoom — it shows that they take it seriously,” says Car Toys rep Brian Jones. “While we won’t stock the Xoom, I have a friend at the Verizon store who has already seen the pricing. He said the basic version of the Motorola Xoom will enter between $250 and $299. I think the iPad 2 will start at $599.”

Could you imagine? First of all, I wouldn't call an article written by a guy, who interviewed a guy, who knows someone who works at a Verizon store; reliable. Also, he said that was for the "basic version", whatever that means. Is there another version? Not to mention the fact that if pricing were anywhere in the system at the store level, it would have already been leaked.

However, I thought it was Rubin during D: Dive into Mobile, who said the tablet would be "priced in line with current smartphones". I always took that as meaning full retail price (i.e. Moto's Verizon lineup is $500-600 full retail). Or "in line" meaning the next step up, etc. Not that Google has too much influence on hardware pricing, but I guess they could in this situation, with what is essentially looking like a Nexus tablet.

trumpet444

Reaction score
Im willing to bet that price is with a contract. I would like a wifi only version, I dont need 3g/4g... I can tether.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I dont understand this. How could it use honeycomb, which is 3.0 correctmeifi'mwrong, when only one phone on the market even has Gingerbread? What the hell is going to happen to my brand new released in november d2g down the road when nobody even has 2.3 officially? I am ****ing livid!

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G

LocoRon

Reaction score
I dont understand this. How could it use honeycomb, which is 3.0 correctmeifi'mwrong, when only one phone on the market even has Gingerbread?

Honeycomb (3.0) is the first in the tablet branch. :)

PearlMikeJam

Reaction score
$799.00..............well it looks pretty cool but no way I'm spending that kind of money on a tablet that is mainly a toy. $600.00 would be an ok price and maybe later in the year. Not excited anymore about the Xoom.

Minimum advertised prices set for Motorola Xoom ($799) and HTC Thunderbolt ($249) | Android Central

I saw the same thing today and completely agree. I had a feeling the below iPad prices rumors were too good to be true, but I never expected $799. If that is not an error, that is going to kill the Google momentum.

FF5 Fan

Reaction score
I'm lost here. Why buy a tablet when a lot (if not all, soon) of phones available nowadays can do pretty much the same thing, plus a phone connection, for the same price or less?

Sent from my HTC Incredible

smokiedabong

Reaction score
800 $ for a tablet ? I payed less for an i5 laptop . I do hope this is a nail in Motorola's coffin and soon the company will be at the edge of failure again . See you then Motorola , trying to be arrogant with your customers , telling them to go buy another device if they want open Android

tgotch

Reaction score
Don't forget, these are MAP prices (minimum advertised prices) retailers can advertise the Motorola Xoom for. This does not by any means, mean retailers will sell for this amount. It could sell for anywhere from 10% to 60%+ less than MAP!

Dj Quik

Reaction score
800 bucks is a lot is that the official price? Someone tell me there will be something cheaper.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ghoticov

Reaction score
I can't imagine that $799 would be the final price, they would die on the vine. Sure, they would sell a few but in order to really compete with the iPad, they have to AT LEAST be the same price, if not a few bucks cheaper for a comparable tablet.

BOA

Reaction score
That price is insane and even I the person who buys any gadget in the world thinks this is too much and I own the iPad!!! Guess I will be keeping it for now. Hopefully we get some deals

chcougar1

Reaction score
Don't forget, these are MAP prices (minimum advertised prices) retailers can advertise the Motorola Xoom for. This does not by any means, mean retailers will sell for this amount. It could sell for anywhere from 10% to 60%+ less than MAP!

Wouldn't MINIMUM advertised prices mean that is the LOWEST it could be sold for though?