246 update on QA server now.

Comiskeybum

Reaction score
I am also anxiously awaiting news from the sarg. I have a couple people trying to convice me to install the .246 zip file and flash it myself, but I have never done that before. Im not rooted, though they say you dont have to be. Im just affraid I will break my phone.

Comiskeybum

Reaction score
From what I understand, once the "drama" is over and done with, Verizon will release the OTA. Anyone feel differently?

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I am also anxiously awaiting news from the sarg. I have a couple people trying to convice me to install the .246 zip file and flash it myself, but I have never done that before. Im not rooted, though they say you dont have to be. Im just affraid I will break my phone.

Don't even consider it.

josh1980

Reaction score
From what I understand, once the "drama" is over and done with, Verizon will release the OTA. Anyone feel differently?

I think it really depends on how motivated Verizon is to even upgrade the phone to ICS(Hint: they don't seem to be motivated to support the phone at all!). Depending on how much Motorola pushes back, there's no telling how long it will take Verizon to finally accept ICS. So far the story is that VZW has rejected the previous updates because of Flash. Even if they fix Flash doesn't mean VZW can't find some other excuse to not release it.

jayrod

Reaction score
I don't want to discuss it as it was in the now gone .244 thread. Not going to discuss it, as it is the REASON the .244 thread is gone.

We have. 244 & .246 One of these more than likely will be OTA.
As much as I appreciated the info from that thread as well as looking forward to an end to the drama...I think we should just find other things to keep us occupied until the shoe drops.

Sent from my .244 ICS leaked BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Comiskeybum

Reaction score
I think it really depends on how motivated Verizon is to even upgrade the phone to ICS(Hint: they don't seem to be motivated to support the phone at all!). Depending on how much Motorola pushes back, there's no telling how long it will take Verizon to finally accept ICS. So far the story is that VZW has rejected the previous updates because of Flash. Even if they fix Flash doesn't mean VZW can't find some other excuse to not release it.

If you think about it, why Cant Motorola come up with a simple program to hook your Bionic up to a home computer via USB and simply update the phone that way? That would take Verizon out of the picture right?

Verizon needs to stop being an a-hole and let us have our update. Those of us who got bionic on day one dont have an upgrade until May of next year, there is no reason for them to deny us this update.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So your saying doing it without root is too risky? Or because im a noob? or both? LOL

I'm not trying to be insulting, but, the builds are dangerous. Please read the 2 threads linked to in my signature.

Comiskeybum

Reaction score
I'm not trying to be insulting, but, the builds are dangerous. Please read the 2 threads linked to in my signature.

Gotcha, its ok, I can be patient.......... I certainly dont want to break my phone with a dangerous build. I personally dont not have data drops or anything going wrong with my phone. The only minimal problem is that it sometimes take the phone forever to get a GPS signal. From what I understand the ICS update was going to fix that. Its pretty sad when your Nexus 7 can get a GPS signal in no time when im indoors but when im in my car with my Bionic it can take over a minute or more.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Gotcha, its ok, I can be patient.......... I certainly dont want to break my phone with a dangerous build. I personally dont not have data drops or anything going wrong with my phone. The only minimal problem is that it sometimes take the phone forever to get a GPS signal. From what I understand the ICS update was going to fix that. Its pretty sad when your Nexus 7 can get a GPS signal in no time when im indoors but when im in my car with my Bionic it can take over a minute or more.

I understand. I just don't want people to make ill informed decisions with their phones that are irreversible and potentially causes them grief. Read up on everything and make an informed decision.

Comiskeybum

Reaction score
I understand. I just don't want people to make ill informed decisions with their phones that are irreversible and potentially causes them grief. Read up on everything and make an informed decision.

Already decided to wait for the OTA, if there is one. Thank you for your info. I have no pressing need to try anything that could mess up my phone.

Comiskeybum

Reaction score
There has to be some reason Android OEM's dont make it possible to update via USB. I really wish we could do that.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You don't appear to understand how this updating thing works. It doesn't matter how the update is installed. Moto themselves run the update servers. What matters is the contract between MFG's and VZW that states that VZW can approve or reject any build they want. So far, they've rejected our builds.