24 hours 20% battery left with Med Use

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by yusky03, Jun 21, 2010.

1. yusky03

yusky03 New Member

I thought I would make a post of the success I am having and the settings I used. I would say I use my phone with medium usage this includes about 6 10min youtube videos, RSS freeds about every hour (update them myself to save battery), about 30 emails, 1 hour of browsing w/ the default browser, about 10 SMS, about 1 hour playing various games, and Wifi is turned on all day. I have noticed a huge increase in battery life after I switched from the recommended Bekit 1.1Ghz lv kernel to ChevyNo1s Ultra lv 1.1Ghz kernel. I also use SetCPU and Advanced Task Killer w/ auto kill turned on. Here is my setup so you can have the same success as me...

BB v1.1
    Stock Launcher (I found that other launchers use more battery)
    Smoked Glass
    NexusMod 2.0 (switching to a regular wallpaper will give you a little more battery life)
    ChevyNo1s Ultra lv 1.1Ghz Kernel (Put the kernal you downloaded on the ROOT of your SD card and go into Rom Manager and tap "Install ROM from SD Card" and tap on your new kernel)
    C_01.43.01P Baseband (In Rom Manager in the BB section)

Advanced Task Killer Settings:
    Auto Start is ON
    Auto Kill Level is SAFE
    Auto Kill Frequency is EVERY HALF HOUR
    Security Level is LOW
    Ignore List:
    Everything that is along the lines of com.xxxxxx.xxxx.xxx
    Advanced Task Killer
    Messaging
    SetCPU
    Gmail

SetCPU:
    Max Freq: 1.1Ghz
    Min Freq: 250Mhz
    CPU Governor: Ondemand
    Auto-Refresh is Checked
    Set on Boot is Checked
    Profiles:
    Sleep/Standby is Max: 250 Min: 250
    Power <20% is Max: 800 Min: 250
    Power <15% is Max: 550 Min 250
    Advanced:
    Sampling Rate: 32000
    Up Threshold: 80
    Ignore Nice Load: 0
    Powersave Bias: 0
    Set on Boot is Checked
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  2. philsfan

philsfan New Member

very impressive battery life. especially with facebook and twitter widgets running all day?? and live wallpapers??

my battery life improved when switching to bb, but not that much. I will give your settings a try, thanks for posting all this!
  3. yusky03

yusky03 New Member

As you can see I don't have them on the Ignore list in ATK so they get killed within 30 min of me opening it to check for updates. As for live wallpapers from my observations NexusMod 2.0 is only running (animated) when on the home screen / lock screen when the screen is on. If you use it you might notice once the screen is turned on (after being turned off for a while) or you go back to the home page the 'Neural Network' will either not be on the screen and they will fly into the blank screen or they will be paused for a half second then start moving again. I don't know if it is like this with other Live Wallpapers but I am sure it saves a lot of battery.

I just added Facebook, Twitter, and New and Weather Widgets to the Ignore list in ATK. After a full charge tonight I will see how much of a difference it makes. I set Facebook to update every Hour, Twitter to update every 2 hours, and News and Weather to update every 3 Hours
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  4. Twista89

Twista89 New Member

I would just like to say that after I installed ultimate juice on my phone my battery life is awesome. After about ten hours of battery life with constant text messages all throughout the day and about 2 hours of talk time my battery is only at 60% with 3g wifi and data transfer off with phone asleep. It is also set to update every 15 mins with screen off but constantly with screen on. My phone temp also went down with heavy use from apps or long calls. I would recommend payin for this app if looking for good life
  5. fulc

fulc New Member

Quick question for those using ultimate juice:

Does the pay version run a full sync on everything each time you turn the screen on? The free version seems to do that... For example I can set facebook and twitter to update every 4 hours or whatever but it kind of defeats that purpose if every time I wake the phone up juice defender forces everything to do a full sync.

I was thinking about buying the paid version but don't want to if that issue isn't corrected. Thanks!
  6. treydawg

treydawg New Member

The thing with Juice Defender is it absolutely cripples phone performance. My phone was pretty much at a stand still running it.
  7. seanzy13

seanzy13 New Member

I was getting descent battery life on v1.1, but after switching to 0.2 froyo I'm getting much greater battery life. I just got ~40 hours of med use from my droid running BB 0.2 and ChevyNo1 ULV 1.2 ghz kernel. 9 Widgets running on the homescreens, 3 of which actively update.
  8. sincerity

sincerity New Member

ok i'm running 2 and getting worse than I did with the last release...I did not wipe however...those that are getting this great batt life, did you wipe before upgrading to .2 froyo?
  9. Twista89

Twista89 New Member

Really?? My phones performance seem to be the same with the 800mhz kernal that came with 021.

Yes it does cut off my 3g and wifi off as well when phone is sleep, I did have one problem yesterday waking my phone from sleep to not see a 1x signal and I couldn't call anyone until I went on the internet to get my 3g signal back.
  10. treydawg

treydawg New Member

Yeah. I was using it and my phone was getting so slow it was unbearable. So I disabled it and instantly the phone was 1000x's more responsive.
  11. yusky03

yusky03 New Member

Having Twitter and Facebook widgets updating at the rate I posted above took off about 4-5 hours of my battery life. I reboot once and lost the exact time it died but I did wake up the next morning to a red blinking light and 10% battery left even though I went to bed with 40%...

I feel like 24 hours of batter life is plenty since it only takes about 2 hours to charge fully using the wall charger.