24 Days of Holiday Season Surprises at Verizon

J

JohnDroid

There is an awesome new promo going on over at Verizon. For the next 24 days, starting yesterday, every 24 hours Verizon is offering exclusive online deals through Twitter and Facebook. There's been some great buzz on this one on Facebook. In fact, over a million people have already checked out this offer on Verizon's Facebook page! Here is a link to that page: Verizon 24 Days of Seasonal Surprises.

verizon-24days.png

Perhaps we can look forward to having our x-mas stockings stuffed with great deals from this promo. Looks like all you need to do is use Twitter or Facebook to unwrap some sweet deals. Here's how it breaks down:

1. Click the Unwrap with a Tweet or Facebook Buttons.
  2. Sign in to your Twitter or Facebook Account.
  3. Tweet your message or post it on your Facebook wall.
  4. Once you send the tweet or post a message to your Facebook wall, you will have successfully unwrapped your exclusive online offer.

Today's prize is smokin! $30 bucks off of a DroidX Bundle.

nov29-vz.jpg

For further details click here.

By dgstorm

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Ghey. I don't use any social networking applications.

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
Ghey. I don't use any social networking applications.

Me, too. I am getting a little frustrated with all the latest "marketing" schemes that require Facebook or Twitter. I could care-less about them and almost feel that I have to join to get coupons/promos. :icon_evil:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
FB and Twitter have become excellent tools for company's to market their products. It's the future. Look at the response already. 1 million views!!

OP
R

RETG

Don't care if they get a billion hits on one hour, if people want to go on some lame social network and act like idiots, then good for them. I don't need a coupon or special offer bad enough to act like an idiot. So, Verizon can keep their specials and shove them where the sun does not shine.

If Verizon was not the only game in town, I would be shopping right now between carriers. However, I will let Verizon know how i feel about their special offers on these social networks.

Zargon

Reaction score
Don't care if they get a billion hits on one hour, if people want to go on some lame social network and act like idiots, then good for them. I don't need a coupon or special offer bad enough to act like an idiot. So, Verizon can keep their specials and shove them where the sun does not shine.

If Verizon was not the only game in town, I would be shopping right now between carriers. However, I will let Verizon know how i feel about their special offers on these social networks.

Your loss.

teacherchic

Reaction score

Simply being part of a social networking site does not mean you act like an idiot. I know people that think texting is for idiots. Good grief! That is narrow-minded! Many people act like idiots...those that subscribe to social-networking sites and those that don't...but social networking is NOT what makes them that way.

The promotion is frustrating to me, too, but let's keep it in perspective.

BodyBagz

Reaction score

Wow...thank God and fat Buddha that no one is twisting your arm to force you into signing up to get the offer.:icon_eek: You can blindly go about your merry way, throwing blanket statements around willy-nilly about people and services you obviously know very little about...and are even less interested in learning about...
:r_c:

713King

Reaction score
what if you sign up to the all decked out where you have to put your mobile number? will it charge you for the text messages or for signing up?

Goodkat

Reaction score

I'm a responsible adult that uses "lame social networks" to do things such as connect with old friends and set up events. I guess that makes me one of your "idiots"? Sad seeing such an ignorant and narrow minded post on these forums, but it's bound to happen eventually I guess.

As for the topic...I like the way Verizon is making the holidays "fun". Eager to see what else pops up as we get closer to Christmas

debdroid1a

Reaction score
what if you sign up to the all decked out where you have to put your mobile number? will it charge you for the text messages or for signing up?
Probably only if you sign up to receive texts from those places. I did for Facebook for a while on my last non-smart phone (unlimited texting)

But with twitter and facebook you can put an app on your phone and it's not text messaging.
They might be data rather then texting charges if you don't have unlimited. I'm not sure.

I don't think they would charge you for signing up, unless they send a text to your phone when you sign up (I can't remember with twitter or facebook). But I think that's only if you put in your phone to receive messages through texting. Maybe.

But you can always use a computer to check out twitter and facebook. I don't even think you need a phone for Facebook. I know grandmas and grandpas who use it to keep up with family far away from them (and none of them are "idiots").

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Probably only if you sign up to receive texts from those places. I did for Facebook for a while on my last non-smart phone (unlimited texting)

But with twitter and facebook you can put an app on your phone and it's not text messaging.
They might be data rather then texting charges if you don't have unlimited. I'm not sure.

I don't think they would charge you for signing up, unless they send a text to your phone when you sign up (I can't remember with twitter or facebook). But I think that's only if you put in your phone to receive messages through texting. Maybe.

But you can always use a computer to check out twitter and facebook. I don't even think you need a phone for Facebook. I know grandmas and grandpas who use it to keep up with family far away from them (and none of them are "idiots").

Oh but the drawing looks like a text a day, which would be charged to your phone if you don't have unlimited texting.

draneo

Reaction score
What the f$&@. Advertising on social networks is a good marketing ploy....Great way to advertise to mass market....But my problem is only the social networkers get the special deals. What about the people that don't belong to or even want to join. I would like to purchase that Droid bundle.....but no way I'm joining just to get their deal. Just let everyone get the deal and then VZW makes more $$.

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
What the f$&@. Advertising on social networks is a good marketing ploy....Great way to advertise to mass market....But my problem is only the social networkers get the special deals. What about the people that don't belong to or even want to join. I would like to purchase that Droid bundle.....but no way I'm joining just to get their deal. Just let everyone get the deal and then VZW makes more $$.

I couldn't have written it any better. It is a form of discrimination as far as I am concerned.