*228

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by erict, Nov 1, 2010.

  1. erict

    erict Member

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2010
    Messages:
    291
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Ratings:
    +0
    What is the purpose of *228 and what does it do?
     
  2. jstafford1

    jstafford1 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2009
    Messages:
    11,339
    Likes Received:
    1,676
    Trophy Points:
    573
    Location:
    Hebron, Oh.
    Ratings:
    +1,819
    Twitter:
    jstaff79
    It reprograms and activates your phone. It also updates your PRL's using option 2
     
  3. erict

    erict Member

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2010
    Messages:
    291
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Ratings:
    +0

    My phone is only two weeks old and only have a signal issue at home. I get one to two bars of 3G 70% of the time and one to two bars of 1X the other 30%. Would *228 option 2 solve this? Or is this just caused by the cell tower location to my home?

    I also get very quick spikes (full bars) of 3G signals.

    Also, what does PRL stand for?
     
    #3 erict, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  4. Cloppy

    Cloppy Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2009
    Messages:
    159
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Ratings:
    +0
    It may help with signal here is some info from verizon

    "Preferred Roaming List (PRL)

    By updating your Preferred Roaming List, you will have access to these enhancements, which may include:

    Longer battery life
    Fewer dropped or blocked calls
    Clear, crisp connection in even more areas across the United States
    Ability to connect to the digital network in more parts of the country

    Preferred Roaming List "
     
  5. erict

    erict Member

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2010
    Messages:
    291
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now is 1X and 3G both digital networks?
     
  6. Cloppy

    Cloppy Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2009
    Messages:
    159
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes i believe so, because 1X you still have access to the internet. Its way slower then 3G though.
     
  7. erict

    erict Member

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2010
    Messages:
    291
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Ratings:
    +0

    Thank you. One other thing is I also get very quick spikes (full bars) of 3G signals at home.
     
  8. Cloppy

    Cloppy Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2009
    Messages:
    159
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a droid 2 and that would happen to me but a reason baseband update seem to fix that for me. Not sure what the status of the X is for updates but that will probably help too if its ever updated.
     
  9. horseshoe9

    horseshoe9 Member

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2010
    Messages:
    30
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Ratings:
    +0
    erict,

    You may need to get used to the spiking bars/3G/1X issue as this seems to be a feature on D/X. I am a mile away from four towers and get it. Once outside the house and closer to main roads the device changes. *228 may not be your solution. Many others on other boards are reporting same issue, no Verizon or Motorola solution.
     
  10. erict

    erict Member

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2010
    Messages:
    291
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Ratings:
    +0
    What update is this??
     
  11. Cloppy

    Cloppy Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2009
    Messages:
    159
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Ratings:
    +0
    There was a recent update to the droid 2 phone only, which improved a few things. One of those was the baseband or radio version. This is not compatible with the X. Verizon/Motorola will release something for the X when its ready.
     
  12. erict

    erict Member

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2010
    Messages:
    291
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gotcha:) I also want to note that I am still running 2.1. Not sure if 2.2 will help any as a previous poster stated that this is a common issue with others.
     
Search tags for this page

#228 verizon

,

droid *228

,

droid 4 *228

,

droid x *228

,

verizon 228 option 2

,
what does *228 do
,
what does *228 do on android
,

what does *228 do on verizon

,
what is *228 on verizon
,
what is the *228 method on a galaxy phone