*228 will FRY YOUR REZOUND

Status
Not open for further replies.

HowardZ

Reaction score
You all probably know this already.

For newbies like me: Verizon says just turn on the new phone and it initializes from the SIM Card. Sim Card does it all. Never ever dial *228 because it will fry the Rezound, and it will NOT be covered under warranty.

Howard

Moderator update: There is no actual proof that dialing *228 will harm your phone. Some will say it does and some will say it's harmless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caesars

Reaction score
Not that I would do this, but how could this not be covered under the warranty heehee

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this is actually possible, if you dial *228, like I have a few times, a message comes up saying that you don't need to do this because a VZW Sim Card is present. I've done this just for the heck of it on many different ROMs, ICS and GB, and so far, my phone still works.

View attachment 48944

JRParsons

Reaction score
It could damage the sim card, your phone will be fine, i still wouldn't do it because it serves no benefit.
There was a time in the early Thunderbolt days where a Verizon Tech would suggest it, for whatever reason, either forgetting or not knowing that it wasnt required. I read on here somewhere that a few people blamed bad sims on 228, i don't know if it was ever confirmed. Verizon will give you a new sim, pretty much any time you ask.

Sent from my Illudium PU - 36 Explosive Space Modulator.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm shutting this thread down. I don't want things to get out of hand with hysteria or anything. As Jparsons stated, you can potentially damage the 4G SIM card using *228 but that is the case on any 4G phone. There is currently no verifiable proof that dialing *228 will harm your phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.