.215 you're just something that i used to know...

djspy

Reaction score
I got my phone back to .211 and I'm so glad I did! Granted 215 was a bit faster and snappier and I'm noticing a few bugs in the browser with 211 but man, it sure is nice to see my phone hit 20% battery left at 3hrs of screen time instead of 2hrs 15min.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I got my phone back to .211 and I'm so glad I did! Granted 215 was a bit faster and snappier and I'm noticing a few bugs in the browser with 211 but man, it sure is nice to see my phone hit 20% battery left at 3hrs of screen time instead of 2hrs 15min.
Gee...your the first who has reported a battery usage with .211 than with .215. Most users don't notice a difference. But hay...as long as you're happy that is all that counts.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
And you have to remember, it's not JUST screen time that uses battery power.

A significant amount of power is used on the Cellular connection (as well as WIFI, Bluetooth, GPS, Audio, Processor speed, etc.), among other power hogs. And since signal levels dictate the amount of power required to maintain that connection to the tower or WIFI access point it's unrealistic to simply compare screen times and use that to gauge battery usage overall.

In fact, it's extremely difficult to do an Oranges to Oranges comparison of two phones for battery performance and have only the screen time be the determining factor. The only way to even come close to successfully doing that is to take 2 phones with the exact same configuration (apps installed, accounts set up, screen brightness set to static levels - since varying room brightness will vary screen power consumption, etc.), and run the same movie or website on both while side by side in the same Cell Site and/or WIFI connection.

In other words, the differences you see could easily be the result of any number of other variables you've not given consideration to.

OP
djspy

djspy

Reaction score
I've installed 215 on 2 different phones and experience the same huge drop in battery life. I always set up my phones the same way. Kill all the same apps, turn off GPS and Sync. Use it in the same place all the time and use it the same way.