.215 reversal?

OP
chelsea22

chelsea22

Reaction score
Chelsea 22, you are not riff raff. I'll make sure I have more than one cup of coffee in the morning before responding to questions from now on, LOL. Sorry for the "more than direct than I needed to be" response you got from me. Your questions are always welcomed and there truly are a lot of experienced users and staff on this forum more than willing to help.

Thank you for your apology! I am also sorry for retorting back to you. I posted this at about 3 in the morning my time after searching and trying to read through stuff, so I was also sleepy and should probably have worded things differently. I was so frustrated that I couldn't find the answer on my own.

Anyways, I wasn't talking about a thread of texts, I was talking about threads on here, this web page. haha.

Domo01SS

Reaction score
Ok. I'm a little confused!! So, when I extracted the utility, my first option in the utility is "adb.exe." Am I supposed to click that one while I have my Razr in Fastboot mode? Or which one in the utility am I supposed to click? I'm nervous to do anything else, So I'd rather get help from the big boys before I start doing things all willy nilly...!

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Ok. I'm a little confused!! So, when I extracted the utility, my first option in the utility is "adb.exe." Am I supposed to click that one while I have my Razr in Fastboot mode? Or which one in the utility am I supposed to click? I'm nervous to do anything else, So I'd rather get help from the big boys before I start doing things all willy nilly...!
Not sure what you'e done, but it looks like you haven't started the utility. After you have extracted the .zip utility file to its own folder (has to be its own folder) go into that folder and 1) install the drivers for your computer (32bit or 64bit). 2) After drivers have been installed, in the folder you created, find the .bat file. Double click the DroidRazrUtility.bat file, that starts the utility. You will see a "Press any key to continue...." Press a key, after the utility starts you will be presented with four options...option 1 restores your phone.

Domo01SS

Reaction score
Not sure what you'e done, but it looks like you haven't started the utility. After you have extracted the .zip utility file to its own folder (has to be its own folder) go into that folder and 1) install the drivers for your computer (32bit or 64bit). 2) After drivers have been installed, in the folder you created, find the .bat file. Double click the DroidRazrUtility.bat file, that starts the utility. You will see a "Press any key to continue...." Press a key, after the utility starts you will be presented with four options...option 1 restores your phone.

Ok. Got ya. But when you say "Its own folder," Do I have to make a different folder for it? THAT'S the part that confuses me. :blink::blink:

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
The file is a .zip. so when you extract it just put it in a blank folder on your desktop. Yes, make one if you need to. Depending on the extracting program you are using (like 7zip) just put the zip in the new folder you created, right click it and choose extract here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Domo01SS

Reaction score
The file is a .zip. so when you extract it just put it in a blank folder on your desktop. Yes, make one if you need to. Depending on the extracting program you are using (like 7zip) just put the zip in the new folder you created, right click it and choose extract here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Ok. Got that too....! But when I do have the utility open, when I press any key, the command prompt just closes.! I guarantee this is much simpler than what I'm making it right now. Lol. Sorry you all.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Ok. Got that too....! But when I do have the utility open, when I press any key, the command prompt just closes.! I guarantee this is much simpler than what I'm making it right now. Lol. Sorry you all.

Ok, at this point I would delete/uninstall the utility and download and install again. You may have a corrupted file in the utility.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
My remarks were not meant to be "snide", if you took them that way then I apologize. But the point of my response remains unchanged, a point I'm not sure you gasped. When you wrote "Please just explain it instead of directing me to hundreds of pages worth of stuff i have to read through" to me that meant you weren't interested in learning the basic essentials of modifying your phone, you just want someone else to do it for you. Anyway, the method TisMyDroid gave you is the best method I know of. Good luck...hope you saved that thread somewhere you can find it 3 or 4 months from now.

Remember this next time you want something fixed or modified on your vehicle........