.215 ICS Leak

jtc303

Reaction score
No you don't have to be. If the file is on your SD Card (NOT in a folder, just on the SD Card) you boot into recovery and select "Update from Storage" then select the file.

Yea I know... Recovery... update zip... but it hangs at Verifying Current System and then gives me the Status 7 error

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yea I know... Recovery... update zip... but it hangs at Verifying Current System and then gives me the Status 7 error

Update.zip? If you placed the file on your SD card it should appear by that name in the list ... "Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip" after you select "Update from Storage"

jtc303

Reaction score
Update.zip? If you placed the file on your SD card it should appear by that name in the list ... "Blur_Version.6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip" after you select "Update from Storage"
yea all that is fine... it just isn't finishing the install... it hangs at Verifying Current System and then errors

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you download the file from the internet onto your phone? If you did, it is probably in the download folder and not on the root of the SD Card ... it CANNOT be in a folder. It must be placed directly onto the SD Card in order to be found in recovery.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sounds like something is not right with your .211 if it is returning errors, you need to hook it up to your PC, run Matt's Utility 1.8 and select option 1 to return your phone to full stock .211 and then try to flash it again. It's finding something wrong in your .211.

jtc303

Reaction score
Did you download the file from the internet onto your phone? If you did, it is probably in the download folder and not on the root of the SD Card ... it CANNOT be in a folder. It must be placed directly onto the SD Card in order to be found in recovery.

that's exactly what I did.. like I said, Im good until it comes to Verfying Current System... and then it errors...

jtc303

Reaction score
Sounds like something is not right with your .211 if it is returning errors, you need to hook it up to your PC, run Matt's Utility 1.8 and select option 1 to return your phone to full stock .211 and then try to flash it again. It's finding something wrong in your .211.
That's what I figured.. which means I will have to root again, no? Will Voodoo remember my backup root after running the utility?

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's what I figured.. which means I will have to root again, no? Will Voodoo remember my backup root after running the utility?

Probably not because 1.8 will return your phone to complete stock .211 ... but after that, choose option 2 to root your phone, Install Voodoo, back up root with Voodoo, then un -root in Voodoo, then try to flash the .215 update from recovery. That's exactly how I did it (after I went back to .211 but you are already on .211)

EDIT: Then after the update is installed you can restore root with Voodoo and you're done. :)

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

jtc303

Reaction score
Ok now I definitely have to go back to stock .211 using 1.8 because my phone has now decided it loves Vibrate mode and keeps going back to it on its own.. lol

OP
dreadfomonk

dreadfomonk

Reaction score
MattyP said:
I have been playing with Chrome and I've already made it default ... love the sync to my desktop on my laptop. :)

Yeah I disabled the stock browser and just running Chrome! (Hoping that doesn't cause any issues)

** one thing I've noticed is the haptic feedback (at least on my device) seems a lot more smoother/stable, if that makes any sense. But overall this seems faster than the previous builds. Liking it so far.

I wasn't able to locate a changelog for the person that asked, sorry. I literally stumbled upon this awesome find looking for solutions to something else.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Getting a Status 7 error. Doing the update from ClockworkMod Recovery. Should I copy to the external SD and do Factory recovery?