2015 suite of Android Devices: Who will be champion?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Weird. When I had the Nexus 5 I remember emailing Google to give us a nexus phablet. Looking at my note 2 I wanted the clean look of the nexus 5 on a note 2 frame.

Now I have my nexus 6 Im wanting to scale back.

The reality is I like a hearty choice market of phones.When it gets saturated one way or another it feels crowded. And I feel like Google and the market is reacting to the market rather than leading. If we react to the sudden love for sports cars and made all cars sports cars then soccer moms and people needing to haul stuff will not be served.

As far as for me, yes I have the nexus 5 and can swap out my sim and be good for a bit. But that would be like saying to someone who want a kb to dig out the old droid (except the nexus 5 is not that obsolete). Yeah we can did up the old droid but it would be nice to see the market not treat small phones like budget phones. Smaller shouldn't equal cheaper.
I get your point, but I don't think your analogy works. They still make soccer mom vans because people buy them. There's huge deal make in the market for them. Car makers are playing to the market just the way phone makers do.

They're making big phones because people are buying them. There's demand. If enough people who want a small phone refused to buy a larger one, the options in the market would reflect that.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I get your point, but I don't think your analogy works. They still make soccer mom vans because people buy them. There's huge deal make in the market for them. Car makers are playing to the market just the way phone makers do.

They're making big phones because people are buying them. There's demand. If enough people who want a small phone refused to buy a larger one, the options in the market would reflect that.

True, it was not like the Sony Compact (Z3V) got a lot of love last year.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Since Im batting a thousand emailing google my next request (yeah like they are going to the drawing board based on my requests lol) would be bring back the G1.

Do a special anniversary edition of the G1 with updated specs. Go 5.1 all screen phone with a flip up optical kb.

htc-dream.jpg

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Since Im batting a thousand emailing google my next request (yeah like they are going to the drawing board based on my requests lol) would be bring back the G1.

Do a special anniversary edition of the G1 with updated specs. Go 5.1 all screen phone with a flip up optical kb.

htc-dream.jpg
Dude, I'd be all over that.

I'd even request that they partner with htc again for it.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Of course that is one of them phone you sell to order because it will be a phone for android nerds.

Since it is for us we need to come up with the specs.
  • The latest processor (quad core)
  • 4 gb or ram (3gb minimum)
  • shatterproof screen
  • QHD or even 1080p
  • I would prefer LCD but I know the market is going to wand AMOLED
  • Camera that is in the conversation of that on the market
  • 32, 64, 128 gb options
  • 3800 battery

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My G1 had sd support.

Yeah definitely need to at least bring back external SD Cards for this one. Im willing to look pass having a non-removable battery but not the Sd Card.

Good call on that one.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Track ball. Not that I'd want it on any other device, but if we're paying tribute...

Dual front facing speakers.

Well since we are trying to update it we can go optical, but also make the track ball a fingerprint sensor?