2012 Year in Review: Best 5 Android Smartphones

Which Android smartphone is your favorite of 2012?

• Samsung Galaxy S III

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HTC Droid DNA

• Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD

• LG Nexus 4

• Motorola Droid RAZR M

• "Other" - I have a different favorite for this year!

• Total voters

diablo81588

Reaction score
I've got to give it to the Note 2! Not sure how it didn't make it on the list.

It didn't make the list because it's not a phone, it's a phablet. Much too large for most people, especially ones with smaller hands.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Psykho

Reaction score
I'm not an iPhone fan never even owned one. But. Girlfriend owns the 4s and my friend had a 5. I do know that there is a lot of negative feedback from both fans and phone critics about the 5 not living up to expectations or hype. But I put it in front of the dna simply because I was disappointed with htc for not giving it a better battery and also not removable. and expandable storage, I admit the specs are the best we've seen in a smartphone to date, but why make a phone with such amazing specs and quadcore processor with a 2020 milliamp battery non removable, and a 16 gig non expandable memory. Could have been the greatest phone made to date with these additions, just an epic fail IMO. At least with the iPhone you have the option to buy a phone with more internal memory. Also the camera does not compare to the iPhone 5, s3, one X, or note 2. Anyways that's why I excluded the DNA. The one X definitely deserves to be in the top 5. The DNA is in the top 10 not top 5, you can say what you will but I'm entitled to my opinion. And I respect yours, you make valid points too. We can just agree to disagree.
Your argument about the Dna camera is strange because a lot of reviews called the One X camera the best and the Dna camera has been said to be just as good if not better than the One X. The 920 and 4S/5 cameras are the only ones I've ever seen people call better on a few sites and from peers.

Reaction score
4 pages of mad G Note 2 fans. The DNA bested the Note at basically everything except having a stylus. It even obtained root faster.

look_son_they_mad.jpeg

drkhero

Reaction score
The original droid RAZR was the best of 2012. I still love mine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
4 pages of mad G Note 2 fans. The DNA bested the Note at basically everything except having a stylus. It even obtained root faster.

look_son_they_mad.jpeg

and when you have to start deleting apps games movies and music because your DNA doesn't have expandable memory you'll wish you opted for a note 2... its a better phone/phablet hands down

Psykho

Reaction score
and when you have to start deleting apps games movies and music because your DNA doesn't have expandable memory you'll wish you opted for a note 2... its a better phone/phablet hands down

My Dna is set up exactly like my previous device was for 2 years and I have 10.5gbs left and I wont be needing much more except for some pics and vids and maybe a few games and as far battery I go 16 hours a day and still have over 20 percent left. So it might not work for some but for someone like me its perfect.

Psykho

Reaction score
Better or best is a matter of opinion most of the time. But besides battery and storage the Dna is better in every category. Better display, better processor, better sound, better radios, better camera,and in my opinion sense is better than touchwiz but to each his own.

shusa68

Reaction score
I voted "other", my original Droid Razr, IMHO, is still one of the best phones out there.
In this last year I own/owned:
Original Droid Razr, simply one of the best.
Droid Razr Maxx HD, absolutely love this phone.
Samsung Galaxy S II, had quite a few issues with it.
Samsung GS III, awesome phone till I got the "GS3 sudden death"
Samsung Note II, Love everything about it, except the call quality. I can have the Razr & the Note 2 side by side and the Razr will have 5 bars and the Note will have 3.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I voted "other", my original Droid Razr, IMHO, is still one of the best phones out there.
In this last year I own/owned:
Original Droid Razr, simply one of the best.
Droid Razr Maxx HD, absolutely love this phone.
Samsung Galaxy S II, had quite a few issues with it.
Samsung GS III, awesome phone till I got the "GS3 sudden death"
Samsung Note II, Love everything about it, except the call quality. I can have the Razr & the Note 2 side by side and the Razr will have 5 bars and the Note will have 3.

let's not start a "how many bars feud" lol... its been proven that the amount of bars for each manufacturer means something different and doesn't reflect actual quality/strength

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

shusa68

Reaction score
let's not start a "how many bars feud" lol... its been proven that the amount of bars for each manufacturer means something different and doesn't reflect actual quality/strength

I agree, I was just using "bars" as a general reference. I should have said "looking at the dBm, there can be a 20 or more dBm difference." Not looking to start a "bars feud" lol

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree, I was just using "bars" as a general reference. I should have said "looking at the dBm, there can be a 20 or more dBm difference." Not looking to start a "bars feud" lol

thats it! feud has begun! haa kidding.. as long as there's no dropped calls or significant battery drain for "low bars,dbm, tin foil hats" then its all the same to me

narasimman

Reaction score
Indian Scientist has invend new theory wich can amplifiy the energy up to 2.7 times and is capable of making a great change in the world of physics.
new invention