2 way headphone jack?

droid831

Reaction score
Hi all, so I'm trying to find what it is that these are actually called. I'm trying to connect my droid with a external speaker. Any recommendations on where I can find the cord online? All help appreciated.

ThermalGuy

Reaction score
speaker adaptor

I'm thinking that the Droid's output power would not be enough to power a speaker of any decent size. It would need to be a powered/amplified speaker.

OP
D

droid831

Reaction score
I know this, I have an ihome and it works fine because of the power. I was simply asking where you would find the best cable.

messenger13

Reaction score
I kinda still don't know what you're looking for ... but I thought maybe I'd throw out some terms and maybe that would help.

I don't know what you mean by a "2 way headphone jack". The DROID's 3.5mm stereo female connector is an output. There's no 2-way nothing going on. Perhaps what you're looking for is a 3.5mm stereo male to 3.5mm stereo male shielded cable. This is what I use to plug my DROID into my car's Aux input port. Some devices (home stereos) have RCA ports. In that case, you would want a 3.5mm stereo male to RCA cable.

As far as where to buy. Any place that does NOT have "Radio Shack" in it's name. :D :D :D