2 Themes/Mods up at XDA

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
funkencool over at XDA has made 2 zips. One gives a cool Xbox-ish look to the status bar (Might be reminiscent of nextheme) and the other makes it black.

He also gives instructions to how he did it. This is awesome as it's the first time I've seen my phone change.

Looking forward to a Honeycomb theme...

antron007

Reaction score
So how you do this?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

First you'll have to go through the x2 hacks forum here to find all of the links if you haven't already done what im about to explain.

You need to root your phone. I used gingerbreak. Info is in the post titled getting started with the dx2 (or something like that)

Then you need to install the custom recovery/bootstrap. That post is called x2 bootstrap recovery apk (or something like that)

Then download the files in this topic.

Reboot into recovery using the above mentioned recovery/bootstrap app. (Quick note, you have to have your phone plugged into a wall charger or it wont boot into recovery. )

Then from recovery select install zip from sd card. Select the file you want then let it install. Then select reboot system and your phone will reboot and you'll be good to go.

You should also get the sbf files incase you need to undo everything or brick your phone. There are a few threads on this labeled with words like sbf and rsd lite. Just poke around and you'll find them.

If anyone wants to elaborate feel free. I know this info is pretty generic but it should guide xgrinder through.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kevin3328

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Directions given work flawlessly the mod is actually pretty cool for those wondering.. o did unzip the files before going into recovery don't know if that
Matters
Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums