2 reboots in one day!?

dAi

Reaction score
My droid x has been rebooting twice for the last day. One, this morning as I was trying to make a phone call it froze and then the droid eye appeared and then it starts from the lockscreen with the droid start up sound. Two hours ago, I was surfing the web and then it went black screen and then the droid boot animation logo showed up not the droid eye. My battery is not hot nor am I overclocked but I am rooted and the last app I installed was flow.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

kenhill3

Reaction score
Just let it happen. There's a good reason Android does this. Let it do its thing.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

dAi

Reaction score
NEVER!

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Just let it happen. There's a good reason Android does this. Let it do its thing.

What? Seriously...this is your answer...Android needs to do this? :icon_eek:

Hmmmf, well damn, guess I need to carry my DX back then since mine doesnt reboot on its own at least 2 times daily...:dry:

OP, contrary to the other guys post, Android does not need to reboot daily...there is something causing this, whether its a rogue app or what I am not sure.

1) Check to see what apps you have installed within the last few days prior t the rebooting issue starting...work your way through them until you either dont have the reboot issue, or you get through them all and still have the reboot issue.

2) If the apps are not the cause, then you may need to do a Factory Data Reset...which sets the phone back to an "out of the box" state just as it was when you bought it...

OP
D

dAi

Reaction score
Thx bodybagz. I just recently did a factory flash and I have lost count of the most recent apps that I have installed. How can I know which are the most recent apps I have installed?

anemrac

Reaction score
If you go to your list of apps in the market, they will be listed with the most recent installed/updated apps at the top of the list.

I'm having the same issue. It just started a few days ago. I'm having to rotate out apps to find out which one is causing it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DroidGrinder

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, so this is what I have tried and worked....
1. Root it with z4root
2. Back up datas
3. Wipe all datas with bootstrap
4. Install liberty 1.5 or 2.o.1
4. Install d2g-sensors first
5. Install d2g-romer.v5 second
6. Restart the device

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

DroidGrinder

Reaction score
Sorry didn't notice that u have droidx. I will post the link of clear instructions later

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

bfboy

Reaction score
If you go to your list of apps in the market, they will be listed with the most recent installed/updated apps at the top of the list.

I'm having the same issue. It just started a few days ago. I'm having to rotate out apps to find out which one is causing it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

How do I go to my list of apps in the market?
TIA

anemrac

Reaction score
Hit the menu key when you're in the app market. One of options will be for "My Apps". Have your apps been auto-updating?

I still get random reboots every few days, but the 4 or 5 reboots a day have stopped since I uninstalled restaurant story. (Yeah yeah laugh at me. I can't get away from those sim games.)

-anemrac