2 reasons iphone is better than droid

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by tktouch12, Feb 10, 2010.

1. jackportd

jackportd New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    Droid won best gadget of the year in Time magazine so its whatever. I don’t see what is so appealing about iphone except the large amount of internal memory for app. That’s it.

2. kristoff125

kristoff125 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess I'm kinda late on this but themes would do nothing for us look at the peoples home screens in their signatures clearly we can customize. as for free apps or just hacked apps requiring root the market or for the developers who cant afford the 25 fee just post em online

3. slinky

slinky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    AT&T was fine.
    Apple sucks - they are vultures who now are preventing jailbreaking.

Regardless of what the iPhone has it sucks because nothing can be simply dragged and dropped onto the phone and seen/used by any app on your phone. It's a miserable, horrible nuisance that requires WiFi, pairing, moving, and using only one app to read your stuff. Can't download attachments, can't use it as a USB drive properly... I'm so glad to be rid of it.

4. Malvado

Malvado DF News Team/Mod Premium Member

Ratings:
    +15
    ok the iphone has been out way longer thats why it has more things...

5. slinky

slinky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There is NO NEED FOR CYDIA. What is needed is some standard store that can be browsed via the web instead of this insanity that is on the phone. iTunes SUCKs. Cydia only exists because the iPhone must be broken. While it has tons of neat stuff, searching on it is not fun.

I agree with the prior poster. Over time, Android will meet or exceed the iPhone in terms of cool extras. I hope that they allow greater control over the shell so as not to make us root the phone to reach areas like battery and cpu control.

6. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
  7. slinky

slinky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well here's one better - Some damn way to find apps that work on ALL Android phones or at least for your model. It drives me crazy that there are so many proprietary ways to program for each phone and that apps must be compatible with each phone. I think android apps need much better standardization and not sure why a phone like the Droid only reports battery life in 10% intervals, special calls must be made for each phone, etc. It's too complicated methinks for developers to bother with and recently discontinued phones become legacy that can't use new apps even though the hardware is very capable.

8. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +204
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC One M8
    Twitter:
    @Shadez69

Says it all ...:)

9. jdx

jdx Member

Ratings:
    +0

10. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +204
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC One M8
    Twitter:
    @Shadez69
    lol too funny...

11. magicjoe97236

magicjoe97236 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have to say......as an iPod Touch user, with a lot of experience, you guys are WRONG! Not to defend Apple, for some reasons I totally agree with you guys. BUT, let me point out that with the right tweak downloaded from Cydia, you CAN, yes CAN do all of the following (different tweak for each function): Download from Safari any link (safari download plugin), view Flash in the browser (Frash), Use it as a USB drive (there are a few apps for this), and the themes are MUCH better than just changing your home screen. You can change icons, add skins to different apps, change the sounds, etc. I even have a "theme" that changes my lock screen to the Droid "pattern" lock screen. Now that ATT's exclusivity contract is expired, you CAN now have your VERIZON on an iPhone! Even with an iPod Touch, you can use TextFree with Voice, to make CALLS at only 9.99 for 500 minutes, or text unlimited for free, and chat with facebook friends....all in one app! and its FREE! or you can use MEEBO on iPhone to chat with multiple IM clients at once.
    Furthermore, there are numerous tweaks in Cydia that allow you to enable multi-tasking, with an app switcher, and change the functionality of all sorts of things. You can change more than just themes, Cydia has a whole section with just tweaks and they do all sorts of cool things. MULTI TOUCH has been there all along where Droid just got it, and although jailbreaking is legal now, using AppSync is illegal, but you CAN do it, and that allows you to download any app and install it free. PLUS, you do NOT have to use iTunes! some of the tweaks let you sync with other libraries, or you can get PwnTunes for 9.99 and divorce iTunes altogether, or use libimobiledevice if you use Linux, OR you can use WinSCP and SSH into the device and you CAN drag and drop! Also, you can install mobile terminal, and then you have a Unix terminal, where you can do ANYTHING. Mobile Terminal comes with all the essential commands, and if you need one that isn't included like a text editor (nano) Cydia has another section just for command line stuff.
    I can open Safari, download a TORRENT from any site, then actually WATCH the movie in an app called YXflash............all ON MY IPOD TOUCH, and its only a 2g!!!! My girlfriend has the 4g, which is even cooler........

In conclusion, if Droid is your cup of tea, ok..........keep it, but you NEED a CYDIA equivalent! Trust me. If you know whats up, you will get an iPhone with Verizon!
    Don't agree with me? I won't argue with you, you won't change my mind. SO prove me wrong.....download a movie torrent on your Droid, then PLAY it.......oh, you can't.....yeah.

12. dfuser312553

dfuser312553 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ^Have you been working on that since March 2nd?

13. magicjoe97236

magicjoe97236 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    March 2nd? I just registered today......what are you talking about? oh because its long?.......well, had a lot to cover. If I just said "hey guys, i use an iPod, you need a Cydia" it wouldn't have been as effective for one, and for two it wouldn't have backed up my claims. I registered just to put that out there! Took like 5 minutes. All from in my head

14. dfuser312553

dfuser312553 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ^Oh welcome to the forums then. I was referring to the last post before yours being 3/02.

15. slinky

slinky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Once you say "Cydia" there is nothing more anyone needs to hear. It's not supported by Apple and is trouble with every update, especially for those of us who don't care to take all that time to invest. It also doesn't change many of the iTunes related hassles and lack of simple drag & drop and sync support with apps and desktop clients.

Search tags for this page
android market

better than aptoide

cydia sucks to much hassel a rooted android is better
reasons iphones are better than droids
two reason the cost of iphone is better than droids
whats the aptoide equivalent for ipod?