2 reasons iphone is better than droid

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by tktouch12, Feb 10, 2010.

1. tktouch12

tktouch12 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so do you think we will get one? because android has been out (and rooted) for a while and i dont think anyone else has a cydia-type thing.
    also, they are THE ONLY things better about iphone, THE ONLY ONES, if we got something, THERE WOULD BE NOTHING BETTER ABOUT IPHONE

2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    If I understand the Cydia system it was developed because stuff for jailbroken phones could be to the users through the apple market. Actually I don't think we will get anything like that, because android is an open framework system unlike the locked and closed one that apple has. The market is full of apps that deal with rooting and overclocking already. Any dev can put apps on the market because Google doesn't care about Rooting the way Apple does.

3. gentlefury

gentlefury Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont understand the point of this post since rooted apps are already in the market.

4. tktouch12

tktouch12 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yes that is a very true and good point, but still there are no metamorph themes (to my knowledge) in the market, and if it was a repository system then sholes and everyone else's downloads would all be in one place for us.
    agree?

5. dtartini

dtartini Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just because the iphone has a couple features that the droid doesn't have doesn't make it better. Cydia would be nice but ill take flash over cydia anyday.

6. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    Yes and that goes also to why there is no Cydia - numbers. There aren't enough rooted Droids/android phones out there yet to make it profitable. The folks developing themes are generally one-off kind of folks with no thought toward earning money. When there are as many rooted Droids as there are jailbroken iphones, there will be plenty of themes on the Market or the guy in california that started Cydia, will add android to his website. It's all about the numbers. Root and they will come.

7. tktouch12

tktouch12 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    sorry, but did u even read my posts? thats not the main point of this thread, its to say, we should get a repository based system to put stuff. (i could have gotten an iphone instead if i wanted one)

8. dtartini

dtartini Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did you read your own post? The first thing you wrote was "two reasons the iphone is better..." don't blame me for the fact that you didn't word it correctly. Besides I agreed that cydia would be nice.

9. tktouch12

tktouch12 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    sorry i didnt mean to sound mean. you're right i didnt name it the best, but they are the ONLY things that are better. i just want to see if anyone would support this.
    didnt mean to be rude, sorry, glad you agree with me :)

10. dtartini

dtartini Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No harm done. Its funny because I find myself getting really defensive anytime the iphone is mentioned. Sometimes I forget that the ipone is not my enemy.

11. tktouch12

tktouch12 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    haha, i understand how it is, and why you would. alright, i'm glad we're cool :)

12. korp

korp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Having a section for roms like on here is fine for me and probably more ideal. Android is an active users os ... the iphone is more gimmie gimmie and I don't want to do anything to get what I want.

13. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting...I'm not sure that I agree with you but yes the iPhone OS does support theming through Winterboard.

Not sure about having a repository for the sole fact that the Market is pretty free as it is in posting themes, skins, and apps. Heck there are even root apps on the Market. The only problem is that it block access to people that may not be able to afford 25$ to post to it.

14. tktouch12

tktouch12 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    that is a very good point, but there could be places for people to post things they've made to share with the community

15. Jradish

Jradish New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Basically I believe the OP just wants pirated apps. That would not be good since the market isnt mature. A friend of mine made a. 99 cent game for iPhone and it was downloaded illegally 30,000 times, and paid for like 500. Apple could care less too. Google allowing everything including rooting apps on the market is smart so something like cydia doesn't pop up

Search tags for this page
android market

better than aptoide

cydia sucks to much hassel a rooted android is better
reasons iphones are better than droids
two reason the cost of iphone is better than droids
whats the aptoide equivalent for ipod?