2 questions

nooter99

Reaction score
How do I clear the search history for Google maps? I've figured out how to do it everywhere else, but not in maps. Now I forgot my other question!

KevinJ

Reaction score
You can't. The only way to clear that information is to do an uninstall on the app, and then reinstall it. Then you will have a fresh version.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You can't. The only way to clear that information is to do an uninstall on the app, and then reinstall it. Then you will have a fresh version.

kinda stupid ehh?

OP
N

nooter99

Reaction score
Yeah, pretty stupid! How do I explain to my wife why I was searching for "topless bars"???

dylanthecat

Reaction score
Tell her you were looking for bars without roofs cause you don't like all the smoke in the regular ones and you want to be healthy and around for a long time and grow old together. Then quickly duck.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHA incredibly smart man. Love that humor..

Gillyanne

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VZW Note 3
Try here : https://www.google.com/history/edit or https://www.google.com/history

Can't tell yet if it includes both web-based and phone based searches as I constantly use google maps for work while logged into my account...

it looks like if you do a search (in your case "topless bars") all the options w/ just those terms will come up, then you can hit "remove items" and it remains with only the search results. I have yet to tell how to have "remove items" in only a specific part of google (like only show map items and remove).

hope that makes sense, and sorry for so many edits if you've been reading them, that'll teach me to post before I (remotely) know what I'm talking about

Last edited:

Gillyanne

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VZW Note 3
also just noticed, under settings -> Search -> Google Search Settings, there's an option checked "Search history - show personalized search history for (account name)". Unchecking this looks like it may keep your previously searched items from showing/popping up (but I'm just gonna let mine be and not test that theory)

KevinJ

Reaction score
@Gillyanne...

What you posted will not work on the phone, only online.

Once you do a search in the app it's there. only uninstalling and reinstalling will erase your searches.

Gillyanne

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VZW Note 3
@Gillyanne...

What you posted will not work on the phone, only online.

Once you do a search in the app it's there. only uninstalling and reinstalling will erase your searches.

as I mentioned I couldn't tell if it integrated both, so I guess it doesn't. I think there should be a way to delete them, not just to cover your ass, but I may be somewhere and need to search something by a specific name that I'll never have to search again, it'd be annoying for it to just stay there forever...