2 questions

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
1-when I get text messages sometimes I have to download out, even when it's just a line of text or two with no pic or video. Why don't I just get the words and no downloading?
2-when I want to text or email a video file, say 50-200megs, and can't because of day gmail limits, how can I send that or how can I edit down to an acceptable level?
Btw- I stroked out Feb/ 11 and have been learning how to walk and use my left side again. Rehab is going great!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Congratulations on the rehab,sorry about the stroke,they're terrible..you'll beat it...

..are you using message plus for a text app?? They make you unless you select auto download..download bigger messages like pics and stuff..

Now as far as not being able email a clip or something.. Try saving it to your cloud or drive or drop box and send the link..or if you can get the link off of YouTube ...either way will work..another way I guess would be to edit and trim the video..but I prefer just to send the link addy .hope this helps..stay ontop of your rehab...hope you're 100% soon

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Thank you, I'm gonna try dropp boxand I've got Google drive, not sure if that'll work.
Thank you for the help.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thank you, I'm gonna try dropp boxand I've got Google drive, not sure if that'll work.
Thank you for the help.
Like @94lt1 said, sorry to hear about your recent health problems, but rest assured the brain is capable of creating all of the nerve connections and neurons and you will recover. The more attention you give to each area that is lacking in mobility and sensitivity, the greater your recovery will be. There are people walking around today who had severe strokes and if you met them you wouldn't even know it. In some cases even portions of the face that may have gone limp have instead recovered as well. There are muscle exercises you can do to restructure and regain proper facial attention as well. Most of all, don't give up. Don't cut your therapy short. No matter whether you think you're not seeing any progress, continue until the doctors tell you otherwise. Then even afterwards, continue in a lighter regimen and keep those muscles active and keep that brain aware of the need to create new neurons.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My father had a left side carotid artery blockage..100%. He fought me on going to the hospital.. I was damned if he was gonna die on my watch....nope....so I got him to the hospital.. And he didn't want to do his speech therapy..so I'd talk about things he'd done in his past and get dates wrong on purpose.. And he'd have to argue with me on the dates..but I was careful to not tick him off...he was talking normal in 3 months..and back to normal on his right side...even playing instruments again..so the brain is capable of completely re learning..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
My father had a left side carotid artery blockage..100%. He fought me on going to the hospital.. I was damned if he was gonna die on my watch....nope....so I got him to the hospital.. And he didn't want to do his speech therapy..so I'd talk about things he'd done in his past and get dates wrong on purpose.. And he'd have to argue with me on the dates..but I was careful to not tick him off...he was talking normal in 3 months..and back to normal on his right side...even playing instruments again..so the brain is capable of completely re learning..
You're such a (good), creep of a son!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You're such a (good), creep of a son!

When ya love em..you do all you can..lol..I knew he wasn't going to be easy ..so I made a plan..lol.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Sorry to hear about your health issues @TxDoc. Good luck and best wishes for your rehab & recovery!

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Keep figthing man, do not let this to define you ;).

As for your questions:

- The download vs no download depends most likely on whether the text is a plain text or a MMS. The Message+ app automatically converts to MMS all outgoing messages to multiple recipient, so that it becomes a sort of group chat, where everybody gets what everybody is texting. When you create such texts, you will see a slider in the upper corner, which allows you to convert the outgoing text to "Mass Text", if you wish so. It means that each recipient will get a plain text and when they reply it will be to you only.
Whether or not you have to download the incoming messages when you get one depends on how it was sent to you and on the setting of your Message+ app. As someone else pointed out, if you check " Auto-retrieve" in "Advanced" under "Settings" ( of the app) it will do it automatically. Incidentally, today Verizon pushed an OTA which fixed the Stagefrigth vulnerability (malicious code could been downloaded via MMS messages), so now you can keep Auto-retrieve on all the time.
- To share big files, pictures or videos I use WhatsApp. I also use an app called "Video Zip" to shrink videos. It works amazingly well and you can select both resolution and quality of the compressed video. If you select "Custom" for Video Quality, you get a slider to select how big in MB you want the compressed video file to be.
To do the same with pictures I use the "Photo Resizer" app. Very easy to use and several options as well.