2 questions

mpunt

Reaction score
I just got my droid and I switched over from a blackberry. First off, is there a way to have the phone turn on at a certain time and off at a certain time? That way it doesn't have to be on at night and I don't have to physically shut if off.

Secondly, I started using the k-9 mail app for my work email since it allowed me to add a signature. I could be wrong but I thought that the emails were going to be automatic. I have to hit refresh to get new messages. Not a big deal, but I thought it would notify me of new emails. The most recent email in my inbox in from 4:53pm and I just got it at 6:50pm by hitting "check mail".

Thanks in advance.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
First problem could probably be solved using the app called locale. You wouldn't be able to turn the phone completely off though or else it won't turn back on, but you can put it in airplane mode, which is almost as good.

Second problem: is there a place where you can set an automatic sync interval? Sorry, I'm not much help with this one since I don't use k-9.

OP
M

mpunt

Reaction score
There's no auto sync interval as far as I can see. That's why I also thought it was auto.

andymax

Reaction score
I am not having this K9 problem...I think its fixable within the settings. click menu, click more, click account settings, go to the syncing folders section, pull down the menu and select whichever interval you want...works great for me.

OP
M

mpunt

Reaction score
Thanks. I installed k9 beta and it seems to work much better. Much easier to sync but it gets a lot of socket errors.