2 Questions - Unlock Vibrate & Volume Control Beeps

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mvezz, Feb 24, 2010.

1. mvezz

mvezz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have searched and searched for answers to these questions, and as a last resort am now posting it here in hopes of a solution!

I am rooted, etc, etc.

1) Is there any way to remove the vibration caused when unlocking the Droid? I know I could use a pattern, but don't like doing that. I know I could use a third party app, but would rather avoid that and hack the Droid to remove the vibrate all together.

2) I also wish to remove the beep noise when changing the volume level. I like to have my phone operate silently unless I want to watch a video, play a game, etc.

I am up for trying anything to get these two issues resolved. Thanks in advance!

2. mvezz

mvezz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there at least someone who could tell me an app I could download that would be able to determine where a sound file is being pulled from when changing the volume, and also what file controls the vibrate on the unlock screen?

A logging app?

3. baniels

baniels Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There is another thread where some people (myself included) have been trying to find that sound. The aim was to remove the camera focus lock sound and it appears to be the same sound as the volume control feedback sound.

You can read that thread HERE. Unfortunately it has not yet been found (at least not reported in that thread). I don't know if Pete was contacted, as mentioned in the last couple posts.

4. mvezz

mvezz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea, I was following that thread for awhile...but no one was able to figure it out >.<;

There has to be a way!!!! haha

Search tags for this page

android disable volume beep

android volume change beep

change volume beep sound on android

erase volume beep in android

how to stop android volume noise

how to stop vibrating noise on droid 2 when unlocking the ph

remove android volume up/down *beep* sound

remove volume beep android

volume control beep android

volume up or down beep android