1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

2 questions...Re:Battery & app installation

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Wendy, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Wendy

Wendy New Member

Hi all! Two questions...

1. Battery: When I got the Droid on New Years Eve, I charged it all night (I'm not sure if it was 24 hours, but it was close) and since then I have let it drain to the yellow before charging. After reading around a bit, I think I'm understanding that I don't need to do that anymore...it's ok to top it off on some occasions even if it isn't drained. Correct?

2. Apps: Is is necessary or advised to reboot the phone after each new app I install? I have been....but I'm not sure why. :confused:

Thanks!!!:)
  2. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

I charge mine every night, regardless of what battery life I have left, and I've had no adverse effects.

You don't need a reboot after app installs :) If it's required of an app it'll notify you
  3. Wendy

Wendy New Member

Thank you! I think I'll start charging it every night...that will force me to leave it downstairs. I think hubby is tired of me taking it to bed :ph34r:
  4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

ROFLOL, yes, well, don't feel alone there are many of us who do that. But what Martin says is true these new generation lithium batteries do not have memory so you can charge them when you want to.
  5. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 New Member

.... My wife threatened divorce the other night. So I said, "But don't you love me?" She says, "DROID does". Ha ha.
  6. Wendy

Wendy New Member

LOL!! I have to keep him happy...I mean, who do you think supplies me with my gadgets?!
Search tags for this page

how to install a battery in a droid incredible