1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

2 questions for Handcent users

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by metalhead, Feb 18, 2013.

1. metalhead

metalhead New Member

I didn't like the original texting app on my Maxx from day one and have been in search of the perfect replacement. Tried GoSms for awhile and recently switched to Handcent. I like certain things about Handcent better but there are a couple things that bother me. If I'm in the middle of a conversation and power the phone on & unlock the screen, the app doesn't recognize the message as being read until I wake up the keyboard. Bugs me because I have a reminder set up and I'll get a 2nd notification for the same message if I don't respond or at least wake up the keyboard.

2nd bothersome thing is the pop up. If I use the pop up it appears over the top of the very conversation that I'm in the middle of. With GoSms the pop up only appears for a conversation that is not open at the time.

Is there a setting I've missed that can change these traits?
Search tags for this page

handcent android razr notification reminder