2 Questions, and I hate to have to ask...

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Ok, this is slightly embarrassing, but oh well, I have to ask, so bear with me...

1) How in the hell can I tell the difference between an OG Droid Razr and an OG Droid Razr Maxx...arent both listed as XT912 handsets and the only difference is the battery capacity? My Razr has a blackish/smoke gray color whereas what is supposed to be a Maxx has a White bezel and case. Is there anywhere in Settings that I havent been to get the capacity of the batteries to gauge them against each other? I know I used to be able to see this info in my old Droid X, but damned if I can remember how I did it...

2) If this is a Maxx, it has the crappiest battery life of any phone I have had in my possession! My Razr, rooted and ROM`d running Simplex averages around 18-22 hours with my normal use. This "Maxx" has no cellular service as of yet, but has not managed to get 17 hours of battery life while doing nothing more than sitting on my desk at home while I am at work...
I tried Stock with Root, then Droid Razr HD Rom, and finally Razr Eclipse...and no improvement. What I did notice was that "Phone" was the largest user of the battery...even larger than Screen. How, or why, is "Phone" listed when there is no service?

I said to hell with it and slapped the JB leak on tonight...Im gonna see what if anything that does... Thanks for any replies...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Ok, this is slightly embarrassing, but oh well, I have to ask, so bear with me...

1) How in the hell can I tell the difference between an OG Droid Razr and an OG Droid Razr Maxx...arent both listed as XT912 handsets and the only difference is the battery capacity? My Razr has a blackish/smoke gray color whereas what is supposed to be a Maxx has a White bezel and case. Is there anywhere in Settings that I havent been to get the capacity of the batteries to gauge them against each other? I know I used to be able to see this info in my old Droid X, but damned if I can remember how I did it...

2) If this is a Maxx, it has the crappiest battery life of any phone I have had in my possession! My Razr, rooted and ROM`d running Simplex averages around 18-22 hours with my normal use. This "Maxx" has no cellular service as of yet, but has not managed to get 17 hours of battery life while doing nothing more than sitting on my desk at home while I am at work...
I tried Stock with Root, then Droid Razr HD Rom, and finally Razr Eclipse...and no improvement. What I did notice was that "Phone" was the largest user of the battery...even larger than Screen. How, or why, is "Phone" listed when there is no service?

I said to hell with it and slapped the JB leak on tonight...Im gonna see what if anything that does... Thanks for any replies...

Well, first the OG Droid RAZR has a very unique profile on the back, where for the bulk of the phone's length (height from top to bottom), it is "razr" thin... Actually it's 7.1mm thick for all but the top where it slopes abruptly outward to a thicker 11.1mm thick. By contrast the RAZR MAXX is 8.99mm thick over most of the bottom and through the middle of the phone, but has a much more gradual slope (barely discernable to the eye) to the same upper thickness as the RAZR at the top.

Second, since the phone didn't have service, it was apparently trying to seek a tower and authenticate, which would explain the huge battery draw. I suspect that will resolve itself once you actually activate it.

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk HD

YellowJacket

Reaction score
The "Motorola" label on the earpiece on the Maxx is black with silver letters and silver with black letters on the OG Razr. Quickest and easiest way to tell.

No service "yet" and the battery is draining fast.... it could be trying to connect to a 4G tower but is getting denied. Put it in Airplane mode and see if battery life improves. It could also be trying to upload pictures etc but not able to connect to do so.

David

OP
BodyBagz

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I am leaning toward this "Maxx" actually being just a white Razr and not a Maxx. Size-wise, I cant tell any difference between the 2 phones. Using the earpiece color scheme as outlined by YelloJacket shows both having Silver Backgrounds with Black lettering...

Updated to JB leak, no other mods, and as of right now, the phone is showing %30 remaining with 23H 2m 15s used with Android OS as the top user, Screen is 2nd...