2 questions about screen timeout & screen rotation

Parafly9

Reaction score
1. How do you prevent the screen from timing out when on USB? I can't seem to find an option for it. The setting you select applies whether on a charger, on USB, or disconnected.

2. Does sense not allow home-screen rotation to landscape mode? Even when auto rotation is selected I can't seem to get the phone to rotate on the main screens.

OP
Parafly9

Parafly9

Reaction score
Ah cool. I knew it was there somewhere... the other thing I can't seem to find is default Text size settings.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I figured that part out this afternoon, but I hate that it still seems to dim after 2 minutes, and it's wayyy too dim. Any way to either turn that off or not so dim? I want to keep the 2 minute timeout feature though when not plugged into the USB.

bkkkk93

Reaction score
+1 on the home screen flipping i would like to know if that is possible

WirlingDirvish

Reaction score
I know that it's possible for the home screen to rotate, because mine has done it. What happened is I had it in the car dock with car mode enabled. When I turned off car mode it went to the normal home screen, but it was rotated to landscape. It looked like crap though, just really not as clean as it looks in portrait, so I can understand why its not normally an option.

DroidStang

Reaction score
speaking of rotating, is it me or why did they put the charging port on the side that sits on the counter when you have kick stand down watching movie in landscape? lol

stuigi

Reaction score
speaking of rotating, is it me or why did they put the charging port on the side that sits on the counter when you have kick stand down watching movie in landscape? lol

Drunk engineers

joewilly013

Reaction score
I was dumbfounded today when my homescreen suddenly was capable of rotating. Now I can't get it to work anymore, but from reading this I'm guessing it was because I had exited car mode (i have since rebooted, probably why it no longer works).

Interestingly, I never had my TB car docked- I set it down on my desk today while charging, propped it up slightly against a keyboard, and it went into car mode for some reason.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

evereddie

Reaction score
I was dumbfounded today when my homescreen suddenly was capable of rotating. Now I can't get it to work anymore, but from reading this I'm guessing it was because I had exited car mode (i have since rebooted, probably why it no longer works).

Interestingly, I never had my TB car docked- I set it down on my desk today while charging, propped it up slightly against a keyboard, and it went into car mode for some reason.

Do you have any magnets around? I read somewhere the car dock functions are triggered in some phones by magnets in the dock.

gocs

Reaction score
Yes, the car dock and media dock functions are activated by magnets on the back of the phone.

As to rotating the main screen, that is a function of Launcher Pro, but not a native function that I know of.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

funkyb

Reaction score
Yes, the car dock and media dock functions are activated by magnets on the back of the phone.

As to rotating the main screen, that is a function of Launcher Pro, but not a native function that I know of.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

If you're rooted, there's one line in a xml file that enables landscape home screen. Search xda.

bmchan

Reaction score
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> Stay awake

Thanks. My D1 used to stay awake when placed in my car dock and hooked up to charger. It suddenly started to sleep - making map reading a royal PITA while driving. "Stay Awake" while charging should fix this.