2 pretty big problems with SS5.0

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Fault, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Fault

Fault Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Chevy, I love your roms, but having some issues, that are forcing me to revert back to 4.96. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Rstapp/bkapps are not working properly. Im having a few problems that can be fixed by clearing cache and data, but when I backup my apps, none of my widgets get backed up, it just says "problems loading widget". Ontop of it, none of the actual data is backed up, such as text message history. Is there anyway to download the Rstapps/bkapps update?

2. ADW EX screen transitions are not working at all. I have tried different kernels, voltages, nothing. Clearing cache/data does not help either. I swipe to the side, it takes about 2 seconds to register, and the animation is INCREDIBLY laggy. App drawer works fine, but the transitions arent working. Anyone have ADW EX and not have any problems?

Any help would be awesome

2. spoooon

spoooon Active Member

Ratings:
    +33
    FWIW, the screen transitions work fine for me.

3. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Backing up widgets seems to be difficult - as a matter of fact, it was just before GB when I was able (sometimes) to get them to backup. Even TB says it won't do it, and both ADW/LP state such when backing up desktop ...

I do not use EX, so I can't comment on the screen transitions ...

4. dkscudder

dkscudder New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    EX transitions work fine for me. My suggestions, for what its worth:

1. If you haven't already, try different methods of overclocking. Try Chevy's, overclock widget, and SetCPU. Try setting the overclocking to performance, on demand, and interactive.

2. Remove all your widgets. If the problem goes away, add them back one by one until the problem reappears. I've found that too many or poorly developed widgits can cause this problem.

5. Fault

Fault Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The other thing is when backing up I lose all my data, like messages program settings, everything. only thing that gets backed up is the program, but no data. Regardless if I use bkapps-c through chevy tools and terminal. No luck

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

6. brad r

brad r Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I recommend this thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ac...an-install-restore-using-titanium-backup.html It's meant for Project Elite but the concepts work pretty good for SS when you need to wipe.

What I did differently is that TiBu didn't come preloaded on SS 5.0 for me, so I did a rstapps and it brought back some of my apps but not all. TiBu was included in that. So I restored the data from the green apps as in step 8, rebooted, then resumed step 9.

ADW settings restore worked, but desktop configuration restore didn't work. So that is the only part I had to do manually, which was worth the tradeoff for me.

7. 4lph4num3r1c

4lph4num3r1c Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Adw ex

I use ADW EX and transitions are running perfectly as far as i can tell. No lag. No redraws. Quick bootup.
    Chevyno1-1.25Ghz-lowV-7slot set to interactive.:)

8. Fault

Fault Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you using compcache at all?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

9. 4lph4num3r1c

4lph4num3r1c Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if this were directed at me but I don't use compcache at all. Wasn't too clear on what it would affect if'n I enabled it. I HAD Chevyno1s 1Gh installed before but it would sometimes randomly force close and start rebooting on SS screen. This kernel hasn't done that. Not yet anyhow. Hope this helps.

10. 4lph4num3r1c

4lph4num3r1c Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Update

Not long after I posted I gots a force close. I've tried a couple different kernels since but keep getting force closes. Transitions were always smooth and lag free though:)

11. Icculus760

Icculus760 Member

Ratings:
    +15
    do you have window transitions set to fast or very fast? i found unless i set transitions to "normal", i didn't get any transitions

12. Fault

Fault Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Used titanium, which took forever to reinstall everything. Trying to reconfig my desktop which isnt easy (it was ALL widgets, didnt have anything else, probably about 30 widgets). The transitions are working now, and still testing googles

Working! Now just gotta get my desktop back

Search tags for this page

1rstapp

droidtv not working