2 phones... 1 Latitude!

Big_Kill

Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks for offering this troubleshooting question. love my Doird and I haven't needed much help (reading many of the forums has helped) but this problem has me stumped.

I bought my Motorola Droid in December when they were having the BOGO sale and I got the Eris for my wife. Both phones are registered in my name. Oringinally, there was just my verizon email address listed, though I immediately added a gmail address for myself so that we could use the contact list from Google Voice to load both phones (if I add a contact it will go to the Eris and visa-versa).

When I joined Latitude, my Moto-droid would show my location. But the Eris would always show ME as being at the location of the Eris instead of where I really was with my Moto.

So I got my wife a gmail account and sent her an email to be my Latitude friend. She accepted. I tried to make HER gmail address the default address for the Eris, but the Eris still shows me as being with it instead of wherever I really am (with the Moto), and whenever I try to look her up on my Moto, it lists her name, but underneath it just says "location unknown." and just shows my current location on the map.

How do I get the Eris to show my location (with the Moto-Droid) and my Droid to show HER location with the Eris?

Thanks,

Tim

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Hello,

Thanks for offering this troubleshooting question. love my Doird and I haven't needed much help (reading many of the forums has helped) but this problem has me stumped.

I bought my Motorola Droid in December when they were having the BOGO sale and I got the Eris for my wife. Both phones are registered in my name. Oringinally, there was just my verizon email address listed, though I immediately added a gmail address for myself so that we could use the contact list from Google Voice to load both phones (if I add a contact it will go to the Eris and visa-versa).

When I joined Latitude, my Moto-droid would show my location. But the Eris would always show ME as being at the location of the Eris instead of where I really was with my Moto.

So I got my wife a gmail account and sent her an email to be my Latitude friend. She accepted. I tried to make HER gmail address the default address for the Eris, but the Eris still shows me as being with it instead of wherever I really am (with the Moto), and whenever I try to look her up on my Moto, it lists her name, but underneath it just says "location unknown." and just shows my current location on the map.

How do I get the Eris to show my location (with the Moto-Droid) and my Droid to show HER location with the Eris?

Thanks,

Tim

I'm not familiar with the Eris, but I assume there's a way to do a factory data reset. Do that and log in with only her gmail.

OP
B

Big_Kill

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Yes, there is a way to do a factory reset, but she spent so much time setting up her home screens, etc. that I hate to do that if I don't have to. I'm guessing all her contacts would be retained by google and google voice.

I was hoping there was just a way to remove my email data and replace it with hers without resetting so that it is, more or less, strictly her phone. Technically, if I changed my email address (got a new one) would my latitude contacts still be able to find me?

The more basic question is, isn't there an easy way to my my two phones look for each other?instead of just locating themselves?

Tim

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Thanks for the reply. Yes, there is a way to do a factory reset, but she spent so much time setting up her home screens, etc. that I hate to do that if I don't have to. I'm guessing all her contacts would be retained by google and google voice.

I was hoping there was just a way to remove my email data and replace it with hers without resetting so that it is, more or less, strictly her phone. Technically, if I changed my email address (got a new one) would my latitude contacts still be able to find me?

The more basic question is, isn't there an easy way to my my two phones look for each other?instead of just locating themselves?

Tim

Like I said I don't know if you can delete an account on the eris. Maybe call verizon and see if a tech can assist there. I do know on the Droid I can remove an account. Have you tried removing your account from her phone?

I think once you get the email accounts sorted out and you're both on latitude it will find both of you.

Last edited:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I just looked at something...see if you can go into settings:applications and then clear defaults on Maps