2 phone numbers on one cell phone?

xtor

Reaction score
Is this possible? , I own a business and want to use one of my dummy lines for the business #, instead of my personal line so I don't have to carry two phone's like a pimp, and if it is possible can that line be turned off after biz hrs?, my business is mobile.

sent from a note yee

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
One way you could go about it is Google Voice...Not sure if you can have 2 wireless lines on one cell phone though.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I don't know of a way to truly have both lines on that phone. I don't like to carry my work phone so I have my calls forwarded to my personal phone. I'm on Verizon, but the last time that I checked I was unable to forward texts from my work phone to my personal phone without the use of an app which is forbidden on my work phone.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
google voice as dezy pointed out above the other way is a phone with a dual sim (which you will not get on vzw right now).

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im with them, dont think two lines on one phone is possible. Call forwarding would be your closest option.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I have a Google voice number and it works perfect. I have my regular cell number then a Google voice number I can use when I don't want to give my actual phone number. Also works good because I got a Google voice number that's local to my dad so he doesn't have to pay long distance to call me.

Proudly from Beer Tent Capital of the World

Enrique2SIM

Reaction score
google voice as dezy pointed out above the other way is a phone with a dual sim (which you will not get on vzw right now).

Hi everyone,

You have plenty of dual SIM android smartphones in the market from as low as US$70 to some costlier models at US$ 700. It depends on your preferences, with that type of phone you will be able to carry two different SIM cards in one device and separate your business from your personal number. A downside of these phones is that most of them don't allow 4G (LTE), so your browsing speed can be limited in that regard.

Hope this help!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Google voice number and it works perfect. I have my regular cell number then a Google voice number I can use when I don't want to give my actual phone number. Also works good because I got a Google voice number that's local to my dad so he doesn't have to pay long distance to call me.

Proudly from Beer Tent Capital of the World

If you are on the old Friends and Family plan and set your Google Voice to send it's caller id instead of the number that is calling to Google Voice and have GV as one of your FF freebie numbers it won't count against your anytime minutes either. I've had my GV number as one for years and it doesn't use any minutes, shows up like mobile to mobile.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
s pen aholic in Beast Mode (Notetoo)

OP
xtor

xtor

Reaction score
If you are on the old Friends and Family plan and set your Google Voice to send it's caller id instead of the number that is calling to Google Voice and have GV as one of your FF freebie numbers it won't count against your anytime minutes either. I've had my GV number as one for years and it doesn't use any minutes, shows up like mobile to mobile.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

I am on that old plan, how do I set it up?? Thanks:)

8th Infantry division

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Google Voice you just set it up to send its number to to your phone, on the Verizon website under your friends and family set up your Google Voice number as a friends and family number.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am on that old plan, how do I set it up?? Thanks:)

8th Infantry division

Go to Google, Google Voice, settings (upper right side little cog looking thing), calls, enable like the screenshot
Hope that helps

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

S

SFGate

My very first phone had that option, but never came across a subsequent model with that capability. Easier to go with the Google Voice option.

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
No matter what I do, I can never call my GV number, it always responds with an error, but I can dial out on GV with no issues.
I have my account properly configured, but no matter what, my GV number shoves calls to my voicemail only.