2 NOOB Questions (Droid X)

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jguinn2005, Jul 19, 2010.

1. jguinn2005

jguinn2005 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I called myself a noob, but that's what I am. I'm long winded so I'll try to make this short

First:
    I volunteer for a very busy rescue squad and receive up to 50 text messages a day for calls. When I'm not on duty or out of town I really don't want this thing keeping me awake. Is there a way to silence a specific contact? If it helps to know the calls come via SMS but are sent from an email address, if that makes any difference.

Second:
    I have mobile broadband tethering (business pays for it so I just need it to work, don't care about the saving money part with a different app). However VZ Access manager will not recognize the phone. It says "Device not inserted." Is there a specific option I need to choose when connecting the USB cable? I also used my BB via bluetooth for web browsing on my computer ... but still the same issue, doesn't recognize the droid.

Thanks!!!

2. Retribution

Retribution Member

Ratings:
    +0
    on your second question do you have the drivers for the phone installed?

3. jguinn2005

jguinn2005 Member

Ratings:
    +0

Guess that would help! So the answer is no. Which drivers am I looking for? Do I need to look for them on Motorola's site or Verizon's?

4. jguinn2005

jguinn2005 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok now I've gotten VZ access manager to SEE the device, but it still won't connect to it ...

5. WLJohnson05

WLJohnson05 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    have you checked to make sure you have the latest vz manager and updates since they may have updated something for the the newer phones and all?

6. jguinn2005

jguinn2005 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, did all that. Got off of the phone with VZW about 5 minutes ago. The Droid X with the current version of android does not support mobile broadband. The tech guy aid to look for it in the next.