2 New Devices headed to Verizon: DROID Fighter and LG Cayman

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Careful. That's how I ended up going another 11 months without purchasing anything :)

In all seriousness its smart to wait and get what you REALLY want. Don't settle even if it takes you into Q4. I'm still very satisfied with my purchase because I didn't settle or get victimized by the Hype Beast. Careful with him, he's a very enticing beast :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Yeah, but at some point you have to make a decision and be happy with what you get...as so many others have said. Phone tech gets one-upped so fast now, its nearly impossible to keep up. So you just gotta make the best choice for yourself at some point. I've stuck with my DX since day one even though there have been a few others since then that have been a temptation. I'm eligible for an upgrade beginning next month and I might start scoping things out then more carefully.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Meltman

Reaction score
I was looking at the rezound and the rmaxx last weekend and was going to get the rmaxx. But here I'm not eligible til march 7. Conveniently though they were pushing my upgrade on my daughter cause her blackberry is a piece of ****. How's that work??????? But hey it is what it is and now I'll just wait on the new phones.

GBH2

Reaction score
Hey, if you need a phone - then you need a phone. But if anyone doesn't desperately need a phone I think it would be crazy to buy anything right now, Krait is on the horizon and TI OMAP 5430 and other Cortex A15 SoC's should be shipping (hopefully) later this year. These will be a big architectural leap forward.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
It isn't just Motorola. Lucasfilm gave Verizon permission to use "DROID" for their Android lineup. There have been a couple non-Moto phones with the DROID name on it...but notice it's only within Verizon. No other carrier has it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
I know this. I didn't say that Motorola is the only manufacture using the Droid name or ask why no other carrier has a DROID phone. I asked why do they keep using it. Makes the DROID line look like a bunch of regular phones instead of what it used to be - the first of its kind line. Not to mention they have put some subpar phones on the line. *cough X2, Bionic cough*

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
i'm waiting to get a look at the Galaxy SIII, and hoping it's offered by Verizon.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Granted the Fighter is by Moto, what's with them and throwing DROID on every phone they release now -.-

Yeah I was jokign with a friend just min ago that I want a D4 but by the time my upgrade comes up in December(I think) I estimate I will be looking at getting a Droid somewhere in the range of Droid 8-10. Not sure if that will be a good thing or not. :tongue: Dual cores are nice but I mainly just want LTE, cpu wise my D2G is enough for now, but I certainly wouldnt mind having a Dual Core by any means, much less a Tegra 3. Hopefully by then we will see improvements in battery life for LTE phones.

robert70

Reaction score
I know this. I didn't say that Motorola is the only manufacture using the Droid name or ask why no other carrier has a DROID phone. I asked why do they keep using it. Makes the DROID line look like a bunch of regular phones instead of what it used to be - the first of its kind line. Not to mention they have put some subpar phones on the line. *cough X2, Bionic cough*

HEY HEY HEY,,,Be nice to the x2,, I ha e it and have never had a problem with it, it stays in my back pocket all night at work, been dropped umpteen times, rooted and unrooted, the dev support for the phone is out there you just have to look for it,,ok now that I have properly chastised you,,my upgrade isn't until 12/12 soco ill be looking for quadcore handsets some where in q3 and at that point the price of the Maxx should come down and I'll buy that lol, really if you have to continually buy the latest and greatest you will be buying a phone at least three times a year, who can afford that? And if you can afford that wanna be my sugar mama? Anyway just my two cents.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Today is news day huh!? So much to comment on!

Wow...the "Droid Fighter". That name is kick-ass.

nikecar

Reaction score
I can see the ads for a Droid Fighter now.

Tie in to the new SW-3D movie and the Clone Wars.

*ring ring*
Anakin: Hold on, I need to get my Droid
R2-D2: beep beep beep?
Anakin: No R2, my new Droid Fighter by HTC/Motorola, now available on the Galaxy's largest 4G network, Verizon.