2 lost apps

fredbar10drjones

Reaction score
I recently was tricked into downloading a different texting program(by Shutterfly) than the one that came on my Bionic(it looked like an update, and it was so soon after the ICS update, I thought it was connected). Anyway, I didn't like it as much as the one that came with my phone, so I uninstalled it, and now my original texting program is nowhere to be found. I can see it in the ALL list under Manage Apps, but there's no option anywhere in that to install a shortcut to it on my desktop. I am now resorting to looking up people's names in my contacts list and clicking the little message icon. I can also hold the HOME button for a couple seconds and bring the most recent message up, and get to my inbox that way, but it's a hassle. Anyone know how to get the shortcut back on my desktop?

Also, I cannot for the life of me find my Calculator that came with the phone. it just wasn't in it's normal place on one of my desktops one time I restarted my phone. I'm assuming it being lost is the same issue as the Text Messaging one, but they happened at different times, and I did nothing that interfered with it's use. idk........... HELP?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Are they not in your app drawer anymore? Should be in there and you should just be able to drag it to one of your homescreens.

OP
F

fredbar10drjones

Reaction score
Are they not in your app drawer anymore? Should be in there and you should just be able to drag it to one of your homescreens.

Nope. That was the first place I looked. Sorry, should've mentioned that. It's just been so long since I did that.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Nope. That was the first place I looked. Sorry, should've mentioned that. It's just been so long since I did that.
figured you did try that, but I just had to ask to make sure.

If you're willing to sacrifice all your text messages I would try clearing the data. You can easily save your text messages with an app called SMS Backup & Restore if you don't already have an app that does it. Maybe you could try disabling the app first then enabling it, maybe then it'll pop up?

Never heard of an app disappearing from the app drawer like that, unless you're using a 3rd party launcher and that previous app you downloaded had the launcher hide it in the app drawer....

mattjenn

Reaction score
Go into all apps under settings scroll to bottom and make sure it didn't get disabled if it did just enable it