2 issues with nav: won't remember defaults, and gives me CRAZY wrong directions

erinsaurus

Reaction score
First issue (minor but annoying): when I open the stock navigation app and enter the address, it ALWAYS pops up a window asking if I want to use the stock app or VZ navigator. I always select the stock as the default. It's annoying enough that it would ask this when I am initiating the navigation from the stock app to begin with, but it's even more annoying that it refuses to store my choice as the default even when I select the check box. Any ideas?

Second issue (major): my droid2 has started giving me absolutely bonkers wrong directions. It seems to know where I am just fine; I am always accurately placed on the map. But it sends me on bizarre routes that make no sense and often land me far from my destination. It worked perfectly for the first year and change, but after one horrendous incident of ending up at an abandoned warehouse instead of the MVA, I am distrustful of it.

I did a test this weekend and set it up to navigate me to Target from my house (a very simple route, just a few turns over a few miles) and it tried to send me on a completely insane wild goose chase. I did a hard reset and it didn't help. I am six months out from getting an upgrade, and I'd like this phone to work for me til then. Any insight would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

P.s. Just remembered a third, unrelated issue. Pictures I take are no longer appearing in the gallery. I take the photo, it minimizes it into the corner preview, but when i try to look at the pic or send it to myself, there is just the gray photo icon, or no attachment on the email. Again, resets and hard resets don't help. This issue just started a week ago; haven't dropped the phone or anything.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
what system version? ie 4.5.608
what are you calling a hard reset?
battery pull, factory reset, data wipe...

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
E

erinsaurus

Reaction score
System version 4.5.621. By hard reset I mean a shutdown and a battery pull.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, unfortunately you're stuck on that version as devs are still working on a way to revert from it or root so that you can get rid of stock apps/processes that are likely part of the problem. I'll let others chime in but if you've already hard reset you may want to see if there's any way VZ will replace the phone for you since the update is what messed it up.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
try another app like waze, and see if you get same results
you can wipe nav's data and/or cache, in settings/apps/manage/all/maps

edit: doesn't look like maps should have anything in cache but you still can wipe data

next maybe do a factory reset, and/or SBF
if you SBF just use 2.3.4/4.5.621 not earlier versions

Last edited: