2 issues after Galaxy S3 updated

jishua3

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new here (and new to Android as well). Yesterday my Galaxy S3 did an update, and since then there have been 2 issues that I haven't been able to get resolved.

1) When I get Twitter notifications the phone gives both the audio notification, and vibrates. I have gone into the Sound settings and made sure that "Sound and Vibration" is switched off (I even turned it on and back off and restarted after each), but it is still doing it. I've also gone into my Twitter account on my phone and switched "Sound effects" off, but it is still giving both the tweet notification and vibrating. Anyone have any recommendation for how to fix this?

2) When typing on the phone in the past if I held down a letter it always gave the option of capitalizing the letter I was typing. Since the update yesterday, it no longer does this, holding down the letter key only gives the option for whatever punctuation mark is above the letter key. Any way to turn this option back on?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Welcome to the board!

1. Try clearing the cache of your Twitter app. Settings -- Apps --Twitter -- clear cache. After doing so redo your settings
2. Not sure of this one, sorry.

OP
J

jishua3

Reaction score
That did the trick for the notifications issue. Thank you very much.

Anyone else have any suggestion for the capitalization issue?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Np.

I just tested capitalization on both my devices (SGN and N7) neither allow "hold to capitalize" and I'm on 4.2 on both.