1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

2 gigs vanished on sd card

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by yoshigoibniu, May 18, 2010.

1. yoshigoibniu

yoshigoibniu New Member

Ok I just noticed last night when I hooked my phone up to my laptop that 2 gigs off the sd card have vanished, I just checked and even the droid itself dosent see the missing 2 gigs I havnt done any partitioning or anything all I've done was used root explorer to chande the permissions of my music folder however that folder still shows up (and is much larger then 2 gigs anyway) solution?
  2. LtKen

LtKen New Member

Vanished? Or were never there?

A formatted 16Gb SD card is more like 14.2Gb. It's a marketing thing, and a function of how size is measured (base 2 or base 10).
  3. yoshigoibniu

yoshigoibniu New Member

If that's the case why has it only just now started registering under ubuntu as 14 gigs of storage when before it said 16?
  4. LtKen

LtKen New Member

I promise it was never 16Gb, I'm betting you mis-read something. A card sold as 16Gb will NEVER report a full 16Gb.
  5. yoshigoibniu

yoshigoibniu New Member

Didn't say I didn't believe u just that I know for a fact that on my ubuntu install it used to show up as a 16 gig usb storrage, now it dosent
Search tags for this page

all my music and photos just vanished from my sd card

what is a bugreport folder on sd card for phone

why is my 16 gig sd card only showing 14 gigs ?