2 Days of Droid X use. Found the following issues...

NYChaos

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I received my Droid X 2 days ago. This is my first droid phone (switching from Iphone).

In the past few days I've noticed the following issues.

1. Screen Freeze

In two days of phone use my screen stopped responding 3-4 times so far. Hardware buttons work, but the touchscreen doesn't respond. Can be fixed with a reset or by turning off the screen.

2. No 3G/2G Switch

Why... OH WHY??!!! Would Verizon and Motorola remove "Disable 3G" option from their menu.
I always like to disable 3G to conserve battery life during phone calls. I usually turn 3G on when I need to browse the internet.

There is a workaround though for people who need to use that function TYPE *#*#INFO#*# in phone dialer, and you will get to additional hidden phone settings

3. Speaker/Alarm/Headphones Volume level.

Neither Phone ringer volume nor speakerphone volume (nor headphones output levels) are satisfactory. Its not overly quite, but not loud by any means. I cant see myself waking up to an alarm set on this unit. Iphone alarm can wake a dead man up!

4. Screen Scrolling.

Another weird thing I noticed is lack of smooth screen scrolling. I am talking about friction between your fingers and gorilla glass screen. Sorry for comparing this to an iphone again (wish I had EVO to try out), but on the Iphone i have never experienced that issue.

Except for that (and fugly design), the phone is sweet. I hope that replacement unit will make all above mentioned issues go away. Otherwise I will have to test new Evo out, even though I would hate to give Sprint 10 dollars a month just to own Evo 4G.

Will get back to you as soon as I get my replacement, and let you know if the issues still persist.

heycow

Reaction score
2. No 3G/2G Switch

Why... OH WHY??!!! Would Verizon and Motorola remove "Disable 3G" option from their menu.
I always like to disable 3G to conserve battery life during phone calls. I usually turn 3G on when I need to browse the internet.

There is a workaround though for people who need to use that function TYPE *#*#INFO#*# in phone dialer, and you will get to additional hidden phone settings

You realize that with CDMA you can't do 3G and talk at the same time anyways right? So really as soon as you enter a call you've disabled 3G.

You'll notice that you can see the 3G icon in the bar, but as soon as you enter a call the icon disappears. Then, when the call ends it's back. :)

OP
N

NYChaos

Reaction score
2. No 3G/2G Switch

You realize that with CDMA you can't do 3G and talk at the same time anyways right? So really as soon as you enter a call you've disabled 3G.

You'll notice that you can see the 3G icon in the bar, but as soon as you enter a call the icon disappears. Then, when the call ends it's back. :)

Whole point of 3G is that you can talk and browse at the same time. You cant do that with EDGE type of networks. So yeah... 3G switch is needed if you want to squeeze everything out of your battery.

BlueSami

Reaction score
.^ this is false. You can not use data (3g) and phone at the same time.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Interpol

Reaction score
Whole point of 3G is that you can talk and browse at the same time. You cant do that with EDGE type of networks. So yeah... 3G switch is needed if you want to squeeze everything out of your battery.
Wrong. Yes, you can talk and browse at the same time on 3G on a GSM network, but not on a CDMA network like Verizon's.

sos567656765

Reaction score
2. No 3G/2G Switch

No, you're wrong. you can't browse and talk at the same time with 3g NYChaos. You must be new to Verizon.

Agreed Verizon has never been able to have concurrent voice and data connections.