2 days new

Ifrigginlovemydroid

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I've had my phone for 2 days and I know I haven't even scratched the surface.

My first priority is when I put my phone on vibrate, I want it to just vibrate !
I can't figure out why it vibrates and rings.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's easy to do. When you push the start button on the phone push the arrow to the left. This will have vibration only, so if you get a call or any other alert it will only vibrate. And :welcome: to the Forum. :)

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.....

If you just turn the volume down with the side button.....all the way down is silent, and then turn it 1 more notch up and it's on vibrate

OP
Ifrigginlovemydroid

Ifrigginlovemydroid

Reaction score
Step 2 !

That's great ! thanks everyone.

Step2:
How do I assign a ringtone or sound for email and a separate one for text msg., etc.?

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
In your gmail app you can go into the Settings and set a specific notification sound just for emials

And do the exact same thing for your text messaging app :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's great ! thanks everyone.

Step2:
How do I assign a ringtone or sound for email and a separate one for text msg., etc.?

You go to the item you want to assign a tone to and long press on it. A menu will press settings. Go to notifications and you can set it up there.

You may want to look at the FAQ's thread at the bottom of the main forum page. You'll find answers for these basic questions in there.:)

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to your newest obsession, Ifrigginlovemydroid! Enjoy your new Droid!

OP
Ifrigginlovemydroid

Ifrigginlovemydroid

Reaction score
You are all fantastic !

Annedroid, obsession is not even the word for it.

Thanks all for the help !

OP
Ifrigginlovemydroid

Ifrigginlovemydroid

Reaction score
Sorry guys, one more time on the assigning ringtones to different actions. If I long press anything all it wants to do is be deleted. Where should I long press it ?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, one more time on the assigning ringtones to different actions. If I long press anything all it wants to do is be deleted. Where should I long press it ?

OK let me step you through it. Using email press the menu button. Then press settings. You should see select ringtones on the bottom.

Now if the ringtone you want to use is different then you may have to make it out of an MP3 using ringdroid (in the market). With ringdroid you assign the tone you want to use to a specific notification, then using the steps above you set it up that way.

I don't know why I said "long press" It may work that way on one of the apps. Either that or my head was screwed on backwards.:)

OP
Ifrigginlovemydroid

Ifrigginlovemydroid

Reaction score
Hook you're very patient.
I have had to pull my battery every day in order to retrieve my email. What's the deal ?

OP
Ifrigginlovemydroid

Ifrigginlovemydroid

Reaction score
gmail hasn't been the problem. My Comcast and work emails are the problem. They're fine for about 12 hours, then I go into each account, touch load new messages, and it just spins. I pull the battery, put it back and power up and they load great.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
gmail hasn't been the problem. My Comcast and work emails are the problem. They're fine for about 12 hours, then I go into each account, touch load new messages, and it just spins. I pull the battery, put it back and power up and they load great.

Do you have this email forwarded to gmail? If not that's probably what you need to do. Go to your gmail settings on line and set up both of those accounts to be forwarded to gmail. You can still have them come in as separate emails and even send them out via gmail as your correct email address. You can set all this up in gmail and that should remove this problem. Look at the accounts and import tabs in your gmail settings.

I've seen others complain about this issue and this is the only way I know of how to fix it.