2 contacts

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by joemontana, Apr 21, 2012.

1. joemontana

joemontana Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm using the stock text app on my charge.
    -if I want to send a new text and click on Contacts-> search contact and then search for "smith", I get 2 entries. "Smith" and "smith", each with a different phone number.
    -however, when I search my contacts in the contacts app, the only contact is "smith"
    Suggestions?
    Joe

2. scott32746

scott32746 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If smith has two numbers like cell and home you are going to see them. Need to select the one labeled mobile

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

3. joemontana

joemontana Member

Ratings:
    +3
    The name is Cellcassidy, the cell phone is the only number on there. I checked to make sure their home phone wasn't there, or mislabeled. It's not.

If I look in Contacts, there is only *one* Cellcassidy.

However, when I address a text and type in cellcassidy, there are two choices. "cellcassidy" and "Cellcassidy"

The "Cellcassidy" (upper case C) one is correct, it has the word Mobile behind it and it is the correct number.

The other "cellcassidy" isn't even a phone number. It's a string of 11 numbers. Almost, but not quite a phone number.

However when I look in the Contacts app, the lower case "cellcassidy" isn't even there. I just would like to know where it's coming from.

Joe