2 camera issues

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
This is strange. There doesn't seem to be any way to change the default resolution of the camera or to turn the shutter sound off. The format of the photo can be changed, ie 1:1 - 16:9 etc. but no place to change the default resolution. I can deal with the shutter sound. Must be something they forgot unless I just can't find it.

Has anyone else been able to figure it out?

captain howdy

Reaction score
Not sure if this will fix your resolution problem but it will fix the shutter sound, start the camera swipe from the left edge to the center. a 1/2 circle will pop out with icons on it the bottom one with an L shape will allow you to pick widescreen 10mp 16:9 or standard 7.8mp 4:3. also if you drag your finger from the bottom of the 1/2 circle it will rotate showing even more options 2nd from the last will be the shutter sound on/off
hope this helps

OP
leeshor

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Haha. All that does on the G4 is change from front camera to back camera and back again. Thanks for the thought.

A little more research tells me it can't be changed. Bummer.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I read a camera review for the Elephone P7000, and the reviewer said he was unable to find a way to change the resolution. Perhaps this is a Lollipop issue.

OP
leeshor

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
My S4 is on 5.01, no problem adjusting the resolution but there area few limits. Only 2 options for each format 4:3 - 16:9 etc. No such thing on the G4