2 Boot Loops each time after Rooting...help!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by IamGov, Jan 30, 2010.

1. IamGov

IamGov New Member

Ok so I just got done rooting and installing the Smoked Glass Rom. I am now getting a 2-3 boot loop each time. I followed the steps EXACTLY as posted in various posts around here. Do I have to start back over or is this a normal thing?
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  2. wctaylor79

wctaylor79 Premium Member Premium Member

You can go to the main page for the glass ROM and I just posted the fix. But here you go.. good news is there is a way. Bad news is you have to wipe the phone. When you are towards the end of the install instructions you go through adb shell to format the system. You need to format the cache and data too. This will load the ROM and bring the phone back to basic set up. So that you don't loose everything I used Astro file manager. Yeah I got to go and set up my screens again, but with Astro I still have all my apps and my pics and music and everything on the SD are fine. Hope this helps.

Oh yeah to answer the question about starting over.. No.. just plug into your CPU and start from the adb shell format step. It is like the last couple steps in the setup.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2010