2 annoying problems - Facebook & Google Music

stevo95

Reaction score
I have a couple of annoying issues over the past 1-2 weeks which have just cropped up. Overall the ICS upgrade has been amazing and I feel like I now have the phone I have always wanted. Network and GPS issues are way better than before, phone speed is awesome and only the battery life has been a little bit of an issue.

However, the two weird problems I can't resolve:

1. Facebook. App does not open. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted the phone, updated to the latest version, force stopped the app etc. Whenever I click on a FB notification or the facebook app, I get the blue startup screen with "facebook" on it and that is it. I can't open up the settings either

2. Google Music. Recently I keep getting an annoying icon every so often in my notification tray, basically it looks like a little push pin. When I click on it, it says that Google Music has a problem downloading music. However, I note all of my music is up to date.

Any suggestions to fix these irritations would be greatly appreciated!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
S

stevo95

Reaction score
Well, I stopped using Facebook in favor of Friendster. There is also Fast for Facebook. Both are available as free (ad supported) or free.

I also went with PowerAmp for music as I'm not interested in downloading music as much as playing what I have. Take a look at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-bionic/229319-favorite-music-app.html for other music app suggestions.

Apart from this problem, I really like the Google Music app. It is setup to auto upload anything I buy from iTunes or stick in a certain folder on my PC. I have all my music on the go without any problem. It's just this recent thing that is irritating.

The FB thing is weird, just stopped working for no reason.