miketoasty

Reaction score
You should search the forums before asking this has been answered atleast 2 or 3 times. And no one knows.

Its even stickied. Please look before you post.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Excuse me!

Sent from my DROID2

Deb, you do not need to be excused. I'll provide an answer without being rude. It should be really soon. There are some really good roms based on 2.3 already so the real deal should be coming pretty quickly. There are new phones being released with 2.3 and that's another indicator of an ota soon.

Good luck and have a good day!!

Reaction score
Actually bayoufisher, its more likely that gingerbread is not soon. The Droid x had to wait until august 20th for froyo (I believe). Froyo came out in may, so it took motorola about three months to get it on the x. If we use that as an example, the Droid 2 probably wont receive it until at least 3 months later.

This puts the estimated release date at early to late march. Just based on past history.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Actually bayoufisher, its more likely that gingerbread is not soon. The Droid x had to wait until august 20th for froyo (I believe). Froyo came out in may, so it took motorola about three months to get it on the x. If we use that as an example, the Droid 2 probably wont receive it until at least 3 months later.

This puts the estimated release date at early to late march. Just based on past history.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

I do not doubt that you are right. I mainly just wanted to post in order to blunt the rudeness of the second post. I just HATE the "you should search first" response. :)