2.3 Update

kck

Reaction score
OK so I talked to a Verizon rep today to try and get an early upgrade due to the amount of bugs from 2.3 and the rep informed me that on Oct. 29th they were releasing a major update to "fix" all the gingerbread problems. She said they were aware of all of the bugs and that they were keeping up with all of the forums and were releasing this on that date. Now as we all know several times dates are thrown around only to never happen so I guess to all those who got the bad update and those who didn't get one at all, keep your fingers crossed. I know I am mine.
Thanks for sharing Jellolegend. I appreciate it even though others will shoot you down every time because they want to be the ones who feel important.

thejellolegend

Reaction score
It's all good Lol, I know that most information coming from Verizon has been misinformation, so I post that with the cautionary tale of the fact 9 times out of 10, it doesn't happen. If it were me hearing it I wouldn't believe it either so I don't blame anyone for not believing as well. Keep your fingers crossed, or eyes crossed which ever you prefer Lol.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
I have resigned the fact my Dinc will never see GB. It will be sitting in the bottom of a drawer dying a slow death while I play with the new Vigor/Rezound in a few weeks. Oh well, it has been fun!!!

cHRIS

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I have resigned the fact my Dinc will never see GB. It will be sitting in the bottom of a drawer dying a slow death while I play with the new Vigor/Rezound in a few weeks. Oh well, it has been fun!!!

cHRIS

you could experiment with ROMing once you get your Rezound.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
you could experiment with ROMing once you get your Rezound.

I tried a few with the Dinc but found I am way too lazy to want to go back and reinstall all of my apps. Just found a rom I like and left her alone. If Skyraider ever finishes his GB rom for the Dinc I will dump it on

Chris

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I tried a few with the Dinc but found I am way too lazy to want to go back and reinstall all of my apps. Just found a rom I like and left her alone. If Skyraider ever finishes his GB rom for the Dinc I will dump it on

Chris

Yeah, it's very time consuming, but I guess you found one you like, as long as you enjoy it

drakerocksu

Reaction score
Well, its past the 29th! Did anyone get the second update?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

thejellolegend

Reaction score
Nope not me at least. The lady i talked to told me that it was supposed to be an update for all the android devices on the Verizon network. Looks like she may have told me a fib Lol. Oh well I'm going to call them tomorrow and hopefully coerce them into letting me upgrade early. It is their software after all that screwed up my phone in the first place, the least they could do is take my money.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Nope not me at least. The lady i talked to told me that it was supposed to be an update for all the android devices on the Verizon network. Looks like she may have told me a fib Lol. Oh well I'm going to call them tomorrow and hopefully coerce them into letting me upgrade early. It is their software after all that screwed up my phone in the first place, the least they could do is take my money.

I talked to a rep in store and online yesterday about letting me upgrade early. If it's one if the major phones that just came out, or is on back order, then good luck. They said since they were so popular that I couldn't use my upgrade for them. However if it's one of the moot recently released phones, then maybe they'll let you. Anyways, good luck.

The most incredible, incredible!

Alchemist945

Reaction score
I got the 2.3 gb on my dinc rightbefor I upgraded to the dinc2 and my wife got the push from Verizon on hers also Verizon had been sending it out in waves for the dinc

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using droidForums

Timar99

Reaction score
so will verizon let u do early upgrade because of the lack of a 2.3 update?

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

drakerocksu

Reaction score
so will verizon let u do early upgrade because of the lack of a 2.3 update?

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

I think you have to have gotten the update and have problems with it. I don't think the lack of the update would help that. I think. I may be wrong though!

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

JuniorJays

Reaction score
I'm not to worried about the upadate anymore. My incredible runs the same as the day I got it. I have a question for you my upgrade date is next Nov. How early can you get an upgrade before the date

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm not to worried about the upadate anymore. My incredible runs the same as the day I got it. I have a question for you my upgrade date is next Nov. How early can you get an upgrade before the date

I just asked this question myself yesterday when I was at the store. Technically my next upgrade isn't until July '12, but the guy who helped us said he might be able to work something out for me on Nov. 24, when our 2-year family plan contract officially ends. Maybe the Nexus will be out by then...