2.3 Update

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
I'm guessing by September 30th for sure.

I hope it's way before then! I know this update isn't going to instantly lake my phone last 6 days without a charge, but maybe it can fiddle around so I can get a full day without having to charge. At least until november, then I can upgrade :)

The most incredible, incredible!

ambrown

Reaction score
The best I've heard is the Droid Inc was supposed to get gingerbread OTA by the end of June. Well its almost the end of July so I figure that no 2.3 will be going out to Incredible owners. Someday if I ever root I might try to upgrade to 2.3. Other than that I keep my eye out but no OTA 2.3 for us Incredible owners.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using the DroidForums app

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
The best I've heard is the Droid Inc was supposed to get gingerbread OTA by the end of June. Well its almost the end of July so I figure that no 2.3 will be going out to Incredible owners. Someday if I ever root I might try to upgrade to 2.3. Other than that I keep my eye out but no OTA 2.3 for us Incredible owners.

It was originally supposed to be here at the end of june. But an HTC rep said something had happened to it, and that it will be released later this summer.

ambrown

Reaction score

It was originally supposed to be here at the end of june. But an HTC rep said something had happened to it, and that it will be released later this summer.

Well I do keep looking for some clue as to when 2.3 should hit for the Incredible. I did see something saying gingerbread has been delayed because of bugginess on the Incredible port of it. If it comes later but more stable then great; but I have also prepared myself for the event that I may have to live with 2.2.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2.2 using the DroidForums app

Bravesfan319

Reaction score

Well I do keep looking for some clue as to when 2.3 should hit for the Incredible. I did see something saying gingerbread has been delayed because of bugginess on the Incredible port of it. If it comes later but more stable then great; but I have also prepared myself for the event that I may have to live with 2.2.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2.2 using the DroidForums app

I'm waiting for it to come out as well. But if it doesn't come anytime soon... I guess I'll just root and run cyanogenmod7, or MIUI. Nothing against froyo, but when you hear about something newer... You want it lol

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Is this ****ed up or what sorry for cursing but Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 upgrade from android 1.6 os last year in when it came out april 2010 to 2.1 os in FaLL 10 in europe and now their getting gingerbread . WTf what happen to us now?

Sony Ericsson | New software updates. Do more miss less! |

We'll get it. The incredible is still an extremely popular phone. We can't however, always compete with other phones. It's been said we'll get gingerbread this summer. It's been confirmed by HTC and Verizon. Summer hasn't ended yet. Just be patient everyone. It WILL happen.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
I dont like mediascape but i do like droid incredible i dont envy 4 inches either. Because even though they demo the phone in october 2009 galaxy copied them. I had samsung vibrant aka galaxy s it wasnt nothing but a trouble phone. I love htc and motorola but hopefully we get gingerbread before October.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
I dont like mediascape but i do like droid incredible i dont envy 4 inches either. Because even though they demo the phone in october 2009 galaxy copied them. I had samsung vibrant aka galaxy s it wasnt nothing but a trouble phone. I love htc and motorola but hopefully we get gingerbread before October.

I'm really debating on just rooting it. If it bricks, I'll have an eris to play with until my upgrade. I'd really rather not go from the incredible to the eris. But I wanna see the big hype in rooting. I tired once before, but didn't install a new rom or kernal or anything. Which I definitely will do if I root again

benner

Reaction score

I'm really debating on just rooting it. If it bricks, I'll have an eris to play with until my upgrade. I'd really rather not go from the incredible to the eris. But I wanna see the big hype in rooting. I tired once before, but didn't install a new rom or kernal or anything. Which I definitely will do if I root again

These are honestly some of the easiest phones to root. I can go from stock to rooted and rom'd back to stock rom and unrooted in less than 20 minutes. And I've done some pretty stupid things that have made the phone useless and always been able to recover it. Just pay attention to the guide.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score

These are honestly some of the easiest phones to root. I can go from stock to rooted and rom'd back to stock rom and unrooted in less than 20 minutes. And I've done some pretty stupid things that have made the phone useless and always been able to recover it. Just pay attention to the guide.

First time I rooted, it took me a while to figure it out. But now, I know I could reroot without any problem. My only problem was figuring out the ROM's. I looked at a couple. But I had no idea how to put em on my phone lol

aethies

Reaction score

First time I rooted, it took me a while to figure it out. But now, I know I could reroot without any problem. My only problem was figuring out the ROM's. I looked at a couple. But I had no idea how to put em on my phone lol

So what are the benefits of Gingerbread, rooting to get it. I rooted my first phone (Droid 1) and didn't see what all the hype was. In fact... I didn't see much difference, except my phone got hotter.
I now have a droid Inc, and I love it. Everyday I think about it and how it works and have NO issues with it whatsoever. I am afraid that if I root it and get gingerbread, that it won't be as good. 2.2 runs fine with no issues, so what would be the incentive? I have heard all the same as before from ppl on the forums.. It is great. it is the best. it is awesome.. but from previous experience, I didn't see what was so great...
Also, if we do get the OTA gingerbread, I am afraid that it won't be as good as how it runs now on froyo.. so... ya know. Any thoughts?

Bravesfan319

Reaction score

So what are the benefits of Gingerbread, rooting to get it. I rooted my first phone (Droid 1) and didn't see what all the hype was. In fact... I didn't see much difference, except my phone got hotter.
I now have a droid Inc, and I love it. Everyday I think about it and how it works and have NO issues with it whatsoever. I am afraid that if I root it and get gingerbread, that it won't be as good. 2.2 runs fine with no issues, so what would be the incentive? I have heard all the same as before from ppl on the forums.. It is great. it is the best. it is awesome.. but from previous experience, I didn't see what was so great...
Also, if we do get the OTA gingerbread, I am afraid that it won't be as good as how it runs now on froyo.. so... ya know. Any thoughts?

Well, I've never ran any ROMs, so I couldn't give your a full view on how much better the incredible will run. However with the OTA gingerbread update, we should have better (slight) battery life. There should also be some bug fixes that froyo has. And at first, gingerbread will probably have some bugs, just like froyo did when it was introduced. But hopefully the new bugs will be fixed quickly.

MrBultitude

Reaction score
So no update for July...August anyone? What are the odds? Here's hoping!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk