2.3.6 Now has a root method!

OtakuSupreme

Reaction score
ok... i don't know what im doing wrong. i tried running this like 10 times. it stops on waiting on device and does nothing afterward. could someone help me please?

Update: ok new development. it now starts the daemon but thats it. it still does nothing. i have tried uninstalling moto drivers and re installing them. i have tried just the root script and i have tried the razr utility and still the same thing. any help would be greatly appreciated. im not really a noob at this. ive rooted several phones but all with one click methods and this one just does not want to work with me.

Last edited:

curber

Reaction score
Hey all.. here is my problem. I had a rooted razr prior to the 2.3.6 update. I am not to tech savy but after the update my superuser is not giving any permissions out and my phone is acting like it is not rooted anymore with the exception that my wifi teather still works. I want a rooted phone again but when I tryied using this root method it tells me that 'adb' is not recconized as an internal or external command, operatable program or batch file. My phone is usb'd and in charge only more along with debugging is active. HeLp PLZ?

spartandefiance

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm new to rooting. This is my first time. I've tried a few methods and been trying the one on at the top of this page, motofail. I believe that I have my drives all up to date and i downloaded the zip file. I run the run.bat and i get this : 'abd' isnot recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Then it says exploit complete. My phone never resets and the whole process takes about 10 seconds.

Help?

spartandefiance

Reaction score
nvm. turns out i did not realize that i had to extract the whole folder. Did that and ran it from the new folder and looks to be working fine

Papa_T

Reaction score
I finally decided to root my Razr after reading so much about it. I followed the instructions and it was so easy. I'm guessing since I now have a superuser icon in the apps that it worked like it was suppose to. What would you recommend I do next to fully enjoy the new rooted phone or need to do?

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I finally decided to root my Razr after reading so much about it. I followed the instructions and it was so easy. I'm guessing since I now have a superuser icon in the apps that it worked like it was suppose to. What would you recommend I do next to fully enjoy the new rooted phone or need to do?

Download VooDoo Rootkeeper and preserve root...then read up on either Safestrap or Bootstrap so you can make a backup in case you decide to make changes that might cause some hiccups :)...

Some rooted apps to enjoy - screenshot er (now you can share pics of your homescreen setup), fontchanger (if you want to change the system font, make a backup - see above - first)...

Have fun!

castiglione

Reaction score
Hey I'm a beginer and never rooted any phone and I'm tired of the restriction of all the damn kernels on my phone and am in need for some desperate advice on how I can get my phone rooted. I am aware of the down side of losing my warranty. But I have gave it a few days and I can't take it no more. I need 100% control of my Droid Razor. I do wanna be careful this phone is all I got in this world. It is my pc.

Caesars

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I've read a bunch of these threads and I'm still a bit lost on how this all works. I just want to be sure when I attempt a root (for obvious reasons) that I do it properly. I successfully rooted my old Samsung epic but that was a "one click" root option where I literally didn't have to do anything but hit start. So onto my question/statements regarding rooting and other options on the maxx:

1-is the link in the OP a one click method That only requires me to unzip and press play?

2-ill get the moto drivers, assuming these come from Motorola.com? Not sure what these even do but I know I need them, :)

3-once rooted I understand I have a few options: I can get this app Titanium backup, from what I gather this "freezes and un freezes" bloat ware? I read this is a must because we can't afford to remove bloat ware and accept an OTA update.

-safestrap/bootstrap : I have zero idea what these are for, I read some of the other threads but it's all like reading german, and I can only order a beer in the german language.

4-if rooted can I still OTA update? From what I've read I can, only if I didn't remove ( and unfroze) the bloat ware. I just want to be 100% sure obviously :)

5-I have android version 2.3.6 - it looks like this method is for 2.3.6, however I want to make sure that I'm not missing any other important version identifiers that's telling me "I'm on the wrong version" and I download the wrong root software tools.

Thanks in advance everyone :)

al3jandr0305

Reaction score
droid RAZR ROOT 2.3.6 -[6.12.181]

[video=youtube;euODJK3Yfhw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euODJK3Yfhw[/video]

Caesars

Reaction score
:-(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2