Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

Tsip85

Reaction score
Thanks a ton! You have been of MUCH help! I guess the only thing left to do is start playing. :)

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Thanks a ton! You have been of MUCH help! I guess the only thing left to do is start playing. :)

You are welcome and yea, I think that is about it :)...good luck and enjoy!

Nicktyelor

Reaction score
step-by-step guide? video?

I'm a big newbie with the whole rooting process because I just got my first smart phone (a Razr) and I'm wary of screwing up the process. I've seen videos from other rooting programs, guiding the process and I'm curious if the same applies to this one. I was initially going to use the method in the video below because it was very clear and easy to follow, however it was rooted under 2.3.5, not 2.3.6 which I have now and would rather stay with instead of going back to 2.3.5. I was wondering if anyone could provide here in the thread of pm me a video guide or a step by step instruction guide on the rooting process for this exact update. Or maybe even confirm/deny that the video below is the same method? The description in the 2.3.6 root link has very vague instructions and I'm not sure exactly where to extract the files. Many thanks for dealing with my ineptitude!
[video=youtube;N3vY70Q8eCs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3vY70Q8eCs[/video]

Last edited:

Nicktyelor

Reaction score
Please ignore my post above. Just went ahead with it and found out it was easy as double clicking the file haha. Really great root and ridiculously easy, even for a tech newbie like me.

universal_cynic

Reaction score
If I use the motofail to root, can I use the Razr Utility to unroot? It would unroot me to whatever my latest update is, right?

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
If I use the motofail to root, can I use the Razr Utility to unroot? It would unroot me to whatever my latest update is, right?

If you use the restore files, it will restore you to stock 2.3.6...

chrsalvarez

Reaction score
it works the first time I did it I am glad as hell now I can get my phone back
have not tried anything yet
one question tho can i install the bootstrap again

rachelequinn

Reaction score
So how did you do it.... where did you find the link to this Easy to click file...???