smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Credit to Dan Rosenberg for his work on this exploit. Link is here - Security Research by Dan Rosenberg

It has been reported to successfully work on the Droid Razr running the .173 build...this should work for those of you who want root after the update or if VooDoo didn't protect / restore root.

Standard Disclaimer - DroidForums.net, Dan Rosenberg or anyone else is responsible if this does not root your device or bricks your device. You are proceeding at your own risk.

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Credit to Dan Rosenberg for his work on this exploit. Link is here - Security Research by Dan Rosenberg

It has been reported to successfully work on the Droid Razr running the .173 build...this should work for those of you who want root after the update or if VooDoo didn't protect / restore root.

Nice find! I'll add it to my repertoire of suggestions. Thanks! P.S. I'll make sure to give you credit for the find! ;-)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Nice find! I'll add it to my repertoire of suggestions. Thanks! P.S. I'll make sure to give you credit for the find! ;-)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

The main credit goes to Dan Rosenberg and then a member over at our sister site posted it up over there...thought it would be good to share here as well...

Shadowlord

Reaction score
This does work on Droid Razr. First rooted yesterday with Doomlord V2, did upgrade without thinking, killed the root. Try other root versions, nothing. Saw this, tried it, works great and is easy. Thanks, Thought I was lost.:icon_ lala:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The main credit goes to Dan Rosenberg and then a member over at our sister site posted it up over there...thought it would be good to share here as well...

I figured that Dan was the Dev, but you are still the one that brought it to us here, that's why I said "find". ;)

los187us

Reaction score
I just got my Razr a few days ago. The update was done at the time I purchased phone. I used this to root my phone and it worked, as far as I can tell. I am able to run titanium backup. But the problem I am having is I cannot use Mobile Hotspot. I am able to get it to my laptop to sign on but it says no internet connection or limited use (the yellow sign with ! on it). Does anyone have a solution for this? I tried 3 different laptops and the same problem.

BiGG WiLL

Reaction score
I just rerooted with this and it works. Havent tried the hot spot yet but i will tonight.

rosander05

Reaction score
help running this method

hey whats going on anyone know how to run this method step by step? i just got my maxx had the DX any help would be appreciated

king12yan

Reaction score
I rooted last night and since then I have not data I have a red circle with a line through it over my data bars. I can't do anything right now, no phone calls or data. Anyone seen this before? Any help would be great.

Edit: I did a factory reset and that didn't fix the problem. I called Verizon and they said that when you do a factory reset you have to remove the sim card other wise it will be erased. So now I have to head to the Verizon store to replace my sim card. It doesn't answer why my phone wouldn't connect before I reset but I hope that fixes it.

Last edited:

king12yan

Reaction score
Fixed it!! I checked the baseband version and it was stating unknown. So I pulled the 2.3.6 update and did a manual recovery and I am back in business.

jrws6

Reaction score
I have 2.3.6 and this way worked first time go for me.