2.3.4 coming THIS week to us Dincs!

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to root the Incredible with 2.3.4 yet? I tried gingerbreak and superoneclick already without luck.

You're going to have to wait until the devs have a chance to examine which exploits have been cut off and find new ways to root. Will probably take a while.

igor6627

Reaction score
dancedroidgot mine this morning too, i like it so far, seems a little quicker and smoother, if you go to the running applications in your settings and take a look at those seems like a lot less are running then with the old 2.2 or is it just me? also was hoping for the new UI like i seen on some phones, guess ours wont have it or somthing? anyone know about this? or would i have to root my phone to have that?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You're going to have to wait until the devs have a chance to examine which exploits have been cut off and find new ways to root. Will probably take a while.

speaking of root, when I do receive my update will I lose root?

This was discussed when droid 1 got Froyo, but I wasn't rooted back then and I forgot the answer

matt_h

Reaction score

This was discussed when droid 1 got Froyo, but I wasn't rooted back then and I forgot the answer

That's what I've heard. I still haven't received my GB update OTA though to confirm that.

kmo

Reaction score

Being that you're rooted you should probably know this already, a rooted device won't receive the update. if you decide to update manually then you will lose root.....

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Being that you're rooted you should probably know this already, a rooted device won't receive the update. if you decide to update manually then you will lose root.....

Not necessarily true, kmo. If you're rooted but running the stock ROM you may indeed receive the update.

kmo

Reaction score
OK I stand corrected.....I assume that most who root will run a custom rom. Not necessarily true for everyone.

usher6360

Reaction score
I haven't gotten the update yet..I just returned to stock and unrooted so I could get the update =/

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

Rooted but running stock ROM, that's why I was wondering if I would lose root not.
I just rooted to gain wireless tether and to get rid of bloatware :)