2.3.340 to LGB v0.8

Rayzor

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Just SBF'd back to Froyo due to a couple issues. Looking to get back on LGB v0.8. I've had the Toolbox Pro for a while. I'm looking for a media fire link for GB .596 so I can get the LGB on my Droid X again. Please PM me or post here please. Looking for a deodex'ed .596 if that will work with LGB. If not, just post one. Thanks guys. Any other useful information would be helpful. :)

OP
R

Rayzor

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Honestly don't feel like waiting 30 minutes for the deposit file links to load. Does anyone have mediafire?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

frankjaegar

Reaction score
I've tried installing it twice now, and failed both times. I'll SBF back to 340, then install both parts, then install Liberty 0.8. The first time I had no service and couldn't activate the 3G radio; the second time I just got boot loops.
What's going on?!

OP
R

Rayzor

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I've tried installing it twice now, and failed both times. I'll SBF back to 340, then install both parts, then install Liberty 0.8. The first time I had no service and couldn't activate the 3G radio; the second time I just got boot loops.
What's going on?!

Uhm....what?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
What's going on?!

Uhm....what?

Too much jaegar?!

Scallywag1

Reaction score
Just SBF'd back to Froyo due to a couple issues. Looking to get back on LGB v0.8. I've had the Toolbox Pro for a while. I'm looking for a media fire link for GB .596 so I can get the LGB on my Droid X again. Please PM me or post here please. Looking for a deodex'ed .596 if that will work with LGB. If not, just post one. Thanks guys. Any other useful information would be helpful. :)

May as well just stay on froyo. CM7 will hopefully be out soon. Need to be on froyo for it

Reaction score

May as well just stay on froyo. CM7 will hopefully be out soon. Need to be on froyo for it

<troll>
1. Talking about abandoning us is sacrilege! Sacrilege I tell you!!! Boo hoo on you, no dancing bananas!

2. It is extremely unlikely that CyanogenMod will ever have HDMI on the Droid X. So you have this port on your phone that you'll never be able to use, ever, if you decide to abandon us for "those guys". Hardware on your phone that just doesn't work!! What kinda ROM is that!?*

*I admit older versions of Liberty didn't work with HDMI either, but that's fixed now so we can forgive 'em. I'll give THEM some dancing bananas.

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

And none for you, traitor!
</troll>

Scallywag1

Reaction score

<troll>
1. Talking about abandoning us is sacrilege! Sacrilege I tell you!!! Boo hoo on you, no dancing bananas!

2. It is extremely unlikely that CyanogenMod will ever have HDMI on the Droid X. So you have this port on your phone that you'll never be able to use, ever, if you decide to abandon us for "those guys". Hardware on your phone that just doesn't work!! What kinda ROM is that!?*

*I admit older versions of Liberty didn't work with HDMI either, but that's fixed now so we can forgive 'em. I'll give THEM some dancing bananas.

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

And none for you, traitor!
</troll>

That is why we have sd cards and backups.
Been on liberty since very beginning, but I always try new and have always come back. But I will definitely take a look.
And I'm pretty sure no one knows what CM will be like for sure.

frankjaegar

Reaction score
What's going on?!

Uhm....what?

Too much jaegar?!

Haha not enough Jaegar more like it. But seriously, everything in my post was true. Trying to go from a clean .SBF of .340 to Liberty Gingerbread Nightly .8 just seems to be impossible on my Droid X. 5 times now I've tried to SBF -> Boot into Stock Recovery, wipe data/cache -> Root with z4root, install D2Bootstrap -> Reboot CWM, install the 2 part .596 .zips -> install LiGB .8.
I've yet to be successful. I've tried both letting it boot into .596, staying in the same recovery session and just installing all the .zips at once, wiping data/cache at every step along the way, NOT wiping data/cache at every step along the way... nothing seems to work. And even worse, every new attempt I make brings about new, unrelated issues.

First, there was bootloops.
Then, there was no cell radio and a spotty touchscreen.
More bootloops.
Now? I can boot, and I can make phone calls... but no data whatsoever besides WiFi, and I can't succesfully bootstrap recovery. Droid 2 Bootstrap, ROM Manager and the Liberty Toolbox Pro all seem to fail at bootstrapping. When i reboot all I get is a black screen. And yes, they all have SU Permission :p

I think 0.8 just hates my phone. Might just give up and wait for CM7.

Scallywag1

Reaction score
Uhm....what?

Too much jaegar?!

Haha not enough Jaegar more like it. But seriously, everything in my post was true. Trying to go from a clean .SBF of .340 to Liberty Gingerbread Nightly .8 just seems to be impossible on my Droid X. 5 times now I've tried to SBF -> Boot into Stock Recovery, wipe data/cache -> Root with z4root, install D2Bootstrap -> Reboot CWM, install the 2 part .596 .zips -> install LiGB .8.
I've yet to be successful. I've tried both letting it boot into .596, staying in the same recovery session and just installing all the .zips at once, wiping data/cache at every step along the way, NOT wiping data/cache at every step along the way... nothing seems to work. And even worse, every new attempt I make brings about new, unrelated issues.

First, there was bootloops.
Then, there was no cell radio and a spotty touchscreen.
More bootloops.
Now? I can boot, and I can make phone calls... but no data whatsoever besides WiFi, and I can't succesfully bootstrap recovery. Droid 2 Bootstrap, ROM Manager and the Liberty Toolbox Pro all seem to fail at bootstrapping. When i reboot all I get is a black screen. And yes, they all have SU Permission :p

I think 0.8 just hates my phone. Might just give up and wait for CM7.

Are you sure ur baseband (ends with.12p and kernel are correct?

DX LGB v0.8