2.3.3 Gingerbread OTA update zip file download

google123

Reaction score
I bought this phone from ebay, and now I am using it in Indonesia.
I try to factory reset and using update.zip from stock recovery, but there's status 7 error.
There's also 'E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command' in recovery.

My system version is: 2.26.99.XT610.Verizon.en.US
Baseband version: N_01.53.00R
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-g7d7b583

Did I miss something here? I'm completely noobs in DP.. Thanks before.. :)

This is usually because the update.zip file failed verification. In some cases its because the downloaded file was renamed update.zip. The downloaded file must be opened and the update.zip file is inside. There is no renaming involved. Did you rename the file or open it and look for the update.zip file inside?

addheat

Reaction score
No, I don't rename the files.

This is what I do:
1. I download the 'Droid pro 2.3.3 update.ZIP'
2. Extract it, and I get the '2.3.3+²+¦¦n' folder
3. Inside '2.3.3+²+¦¦n' folder, there's 'update.zip'
4. Copy 'update.zip' to card
5. Go to recovery, wipe cache, wipe data
6. Apply update.zip

Do I need to use the SBF file first?

google123

Reaction score
Your system is at 2.26.99??? This is a new version number I haven't seen before. The first system version was 2.26.20 (the sbf version) then came 2.26.60 and then 3.8.7. Hmmm. Not sure. Try this. Remove all contents of the SD card to a folder on your computer. Reformat it using the phone. Then copy only the update.zip file into the root of the card. Try again.

If that fails, I would recommend getting the SBF from this forum (its up top in the Droid Pro forum) and running that first.

Last edited:

addheat

Reaction score
Yes, I recheck the system version. It is 2.26.99.

I try to reformat the card using phone, and copy the 'update.zip' into root of the card. There's still 'E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command' when I open recovery, and when I try to apply the 'update.zip', there's some lines of error, this is what I can see:

file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon/venus2_vzw/cdma_venus2:2.3.3/4.5.1-110-VNS-11/110525:user/release-keys"
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/caller

google123

Reaction score

I try to reformat the card using phone, and copy the 'update.zip' into root of the card. There's still 'E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command' when I open recovery, and when I try to apply the 'update.zip', there's some lines of error, this is what I can see:

file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon/venus2_vzw/cdma_venus2:2.3.3/4.5.1-110-VNS-11/110525:user/release-keys"

Hmmm, ok, well at this point, I believe in order to get GB on there eventually, you are going to need to SBF. The version number that you are showing, 2.26.99 was not out in the wild when the GB update.zip was leaked. I believe thats part of the problem.

rafeee2

Reaction score

1. Are you rooted?
  2. When you go to System Updates, does anything show up?
  3. Do you have ClockWorkMod recovery installed?

addheat

Reaction score
1. No, I'm not rooted anymore after wipe
2. When I checked for update, it's said that my system is up to date
3. I don't have ClockWorkMod installed, just stock recovery

update:
I download SBF file from:
http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...-sbf-file-2-26-20-full-rsdlite.html#post49663

and, 3.8.7 update from:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/index.php/t-1043559.html

There's no problem when flashing SBF. Now my system version become: 2.26.2.XT610.Verizon.en.US.
But, when I try to apply 3.8.7 update.zip from recovery, i see this error:

...gerprint") == "verizon/venus2_vzw/cdma_venus2:2.2.1/V2_2.26.60/2266:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys" ||.
file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon/venus2_vzw/cdma_venus2:2.2.1/3.4.2_80_V2_87/8:user/release-keys"

Last edited:

google123

Reaction score
1. No, I'm not rooted anymore after wipe
2. When I checked for update, it's said that my system is up to date
3. I don't have ClockWorkMod installed, just stock recovery

update:
I download SBF file from:
Droid Pro SBF File (2.26.20) Full and RSDLite

and, 3.8.7 update from:
New OTA 3.8.7 update link hurr [Archive] - xda-developers

There's no problem when flashing SBF. Now my system version become: 2.26.2.XT610.Verizon.en.US.
But, when I try to apply 3.8.7 update.zip from recovery, i see this error:

...gerprint") == "verizon/venus2_vzw/cdma_venus2:2.2.1/V2_2.26.60/2266:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys" ||.
file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon/venus2_vzw/cdma_venus2:2.2.1/3.4.2_80_V2_87/8:user/release-keys"

Flashing the 3.8.7 is looking for 2.26.60 which is the first update relesed after the initial launch of 2.26.20. Just flash the SBF the flash the GB update on top of that. U shouldn't need the other updates if you are just going to turn around and flash GB anyway.

addheat

Reaction score
Can I apply gingerbread update after flash SBF 2.26.20? (I tried this after wipe, but come with the same error)

Or I must use the SBF 2.26.60, then apply gingerbread update?

kiwimalayalee

Reaction score
hmm, donno why ur DP is acting like that.... well i too bought it from ebay....
well maybe some of the people here might help... ask around....
hope all goes gud...

addheat

Reaction score
I just got 2.26.60 OTA update from System Update.
After finish updating, I try to apply gingerbread update.zip but came with same error.. :(

And now, System Update ask me again to download the 3.8.7 update, after finish updating, i try to check System Update again.
But it said there's no update available, my system is up to date. :(
Then, desperately I try to once more into recovery, and apply the gingerbread update..
and, voila.. there's no error now. wow.. :D

I'm really happy now, I can see the Red M logo when booting up.. dancedroid
rafee2, google123, and kiwimalayalee: thanks for your support, i'm really appreciate this.. :)

Last edited:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like an issue with the sdcard. Try reseating it, or unplugging from your computer while in recovery.

Sent from my A855.

edop84

Reaction score
Hi, i have 3.8.7 version, i would upgrade to gb, but when check assistant client fails because i have made the error to remove with titanium backup afert backup but restore fails.
I restore then from 2.26 but its not the same files, there is anyone have apk and odex files for backupassistanceclient and buacontact.. from 3.8.7 version to share ?

Sorry for my bad english.... I hope you understand me anyway. :)